[Builder] Custom banlists

Jeremy avatarJeremy 14 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"With this proposed feature, users would be able to add cards to custom banlists. When applied to a deck, those cards would be treated the same as banned cards in other formats (red borders, legality notifications, etc.). This may be useful to users testing their own formats or playgroups looking to brew within agreed upon restrictions.\n\nWhile we have some ideas about how we "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"might"},{"insert":" be able to implement this feature, it'll be messy. This thread is serving as a place to gauge interest to determine whether or not it'd be worth the development time to figure out. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'd like to create an actual banlist for my playgroup with agreed upon housebans, we've agreed to houseban the entire reserved list but its a lot of cards. Being able to at least see the cards highlighted would be great\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"To be clear, would this also allow custom *un* bans? For example, my group is looking into allowing specific silver border/acorn cards on top of the standard commander ban list\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Not with the current thinking for how it'd be accomplished. You'd need to create a brand new blacklist from scratch and apply it to a custom format if you wanted to permit cards that are typically illegal. Admittedly, this would be a pretty significant limitation. \n"}]}
TheArkratos avatarTheArkratos 14 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Would the custom ban list be able to do simple rules in addition to specific cards? like Common + Uncommon, No Reserved list, No Sets older than X? or is it just a list of banned cards?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"With our current thinking for how it'd be accomplished, no, those sort of qualifiers would not be possible. \n\nThat said, this sounds way more useful to me than a simple blacklist like I've described above. It's possible with the current limitations it may just not be worth doing. We'll see what others have to say here. \n"}]}