Plot Armor (MtG Story Spoilers)

John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"If you haven't read the story for March of the Machine, I recommend it. I enjoyed it...\n\n...until the very end\n\nI'm not an edge lord who expects main characters to die for a story to be good. I'm also not a child who expects every ending to be happily ever after. The best stories have stakes and actions have consequences. I feel like the last two episodes of March of the Machine afforded too much plot armor to characters, planes snd the muktiverse in general. As a result, we get an ending that feels like cheap fan service and sequel setup. There are some meaningful and impactful moments, but the resolution of key story points undermined the stakes and erased consequences.\n\nThe plane of New Phyrexia phased out. The Glistening oil and everything infected by it is now inert. The oil was always one of the most mysterious and threatening aspects of Phyrexia. A few keyboard strokes negated Magic's most insideous contagion. Even with the Praetors defeated, the oil could have remained a danger to the multiverse. Instead the multiverse just has to clean up a sloppy, but harmless mess with no risk of continuing infection and no opposition from surviving Phyrexians.\n\nI really hope they have something special saved for Aftermath. At this point, it feels like most the fan favorite main characters got exactly what they wanted, while the supporting cast and extras foot the bill via collateral damage.\n"}]}
Lotus1 avatarLotus1 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Agreed. It seems too good to be true. \n"}]}