Newer player needs help building deck!

gnhaise avatargnhaise 10 months
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"color":"#181818"},"insert":"Hey so I'm a relatively newer mtg player and have decided to build a Brimaz, blight of oreskos phyrexian tribal deck. I really like the new incubate mechanic along with +1, +1 counters, infect, and proliferate. I've been doing research on similar decks and tech cards etc.... I have a decklist with around 120 cards and don't know what cards to take out and leave in. I want the deck to be around a 7ish power level so that its still pretty casual but also can be pretty competitive. Here's the decklist - "},{"attributes":{"color":"var(--newCommunityTheme-linkText)","background":"#ffffff","link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/4532234"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/4532234"},{"attributes":{"color":"#181818"},"insert":" . I'm open to any and all feedback! Thanks for your time and help!"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 10 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Welcome to the game and Magic's best constructed format. \n\nPower level 7 is a meme in the Commander community. I'm not sure of you were tapping into that, or if you were serious.\n\nUsually when a new player asks for help with a deck, I find tons of chaff in the deck and start by helping the player identify those cards. You're building off a precon and the cards you added to the list are pretty cohesive: that does make it diffict to choose cuts.\n\nTrying to support 4 mechanics or themes in one deck can inflate the number of cards you want. One way you could trim your list is cut out one of the mechanics you're trying to focus on. This is probably a good place to start because building in too many directions can result in a deck that struggles to do any of those things consistently. \n"}]}
gnhaise avatargnhaise 10 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"First off, thank you for the reply i seriously appreciate the advice! Why is power 7 a meme in the community? Also, what mechanic would you take out of the deck? I feel like my commander and supporting cards incubate which is good, then obviously with profilerate on my commander I thought +1,+1 counters and infect were needed, especially since its phyrexian tribal and most of them already have those effects. Thanks again!\n\n"}]}