I need some help with my Narci build.

Grynoth avatarGrynoth 16 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello, I've been trying to build a list for "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Narci, Fable Singer"}},{"insert":" that utilises both sacrificing enchantments and sagas themselves as a win condition/value engine for the deck. I've tried my best to use cards that I already own in the build, so I want to try and keep those despite them being not the best choices i.e "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arvinox, the Mind Flail"}},{"insert":" to try and keep the cost down as much as possible. Removing cards like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sterling Grove"}},{"insert":" to keep costs down is also something worth doing I think. Ultimately I'm trying to make a deck for more casual games with mates. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5575006/storyteller_ggxrd_ost"},"insert":"Storyteller - GGXRD OST • (Commander / EDH deck) • Archidekt"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Calix, Destiny's Hand"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Golgari Rot Farm"}},{"insert":" and Sterling Grove.\n"}]}
Acesharkman avatarAcesharkman 15 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Arvinox the mind flail while a cool card doesn't seem to fit with the general theme of enchanments and enchantment payoffs. Additionally, because of the reliance on temporary permanents, there's a weird mix of recursion and control. It might be worth leaning into one of those like control by adding Doomwake Giant instead of having both.\n"}]}
Stochasty avatarStochasty 15 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Given that your commander specifically cares about sacrificing enchantments, having a sac outlet other than Sagas sac'ing themselves would be useful. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Braids, Arisen Nightmare"}},{"insert":" is an option here as both a sac outlet and an amazing card draw engine. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pernicious Deed"}},{"insert":" is also a good option as both an enchantment that sacs itself and an instant-speed board wipe.\n\nIn terms of cuts: \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Khalni Heart Expedition"}},{"insert":" is way too slow in a deck like this. You don't have nearly enough other ramp/landfall synergy to reliably trigger it, and by the time you do you probably don't even need the extra mana. Your mana curve is low to the ground already, ramp that triggers on turn 5 is the last thing you need. \n\nSame story with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Boseiju Reaches Skyward // Branch of Boseiju"}},{"insert":". It's slow and the deck doesn't care enough about land drops for your 5th and 6th lands to matter much. Worse, as a 4-drop, it's competing with your commander.\n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Font of Fertility"}},{"insert":" is better, but also a little awkward, since it's a T1 cast, T2 activate in the best case. Since you'll want to use it before you drop your commander, you aren't getting added value out of it sac'ing itself. \n\nAll three of the above would probably be better as more traditional ramp ("},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sol Ring"}},{"insert":", more signets, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Nature's Lore"}},{"insert":", etc.). You have plenty of density of enchantments, so losing a couple isn't going to hurt the primary gameplan. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Utopia Sprawl"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wild Growth"}},{"insert":" are also good options.\n"}]}
Edited 5/3/2024, 7:40:45 PM