Cheapest card version available

ColinF avatarColinF 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"It would be nice if there was a feature to revert all cards in a deck to the cheapest available versions. Sometimes while manually adding a deck in from scratch I'll click wildly and pick a random card version that is dumb expensive. Then the total price is not really reflective of the deck as a whole. Also it's weird when my basic lands start costing a few bucks. They are essentially free. \n\nAfter reverting everything to cheapest version, I can go in and fine tune if I really want to show off some sort of blinged version. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I actually really like this idea. It's a new one too which is pretty cool. I'll add a ticket so we can do this in the future. Think like an optimize button.\n\nThanks for the suggestion!\nMichael\n"}]}
corrino avatarcorrino 8 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Did this ever go anywhere?\nEdit: nvm \n"}]}
Edited 4/10/2024, 6:04:49 PM
Dadjumper avatarDadjumper 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Piggy backing off this thread because it's similar, but it would also be cool to set all cards to be from the same set. This is especially relevant when I get a precon, add it as a big text import, and then the cards just randomly choose what set they're from on their own. A blanket option would be cool. \n"}]}
Polarissb avatarPolarissb 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"As a similar idea, it would be cool to be able to select sets as defaults/\"I have collected from here\" so the system could try to pick a printing from those first. Would cut down a lot on having to go through and change them manually later.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"On this topic, there's a few issues that makes it harder to build budget decks.\n\nI don't exactly know how you're getting the MKM prices, however there's a bunch of cards that are listed in Archidekt without card price, while MKM already provides enough price trend data (most notably recent releases).\nNot only that, I feel like for WAR planeswalkers it mostly uses the price of the Japanese alternative art, which is noticeably more expensive.\n\nIf these issues could be fixed, archidekt would be a more reliable tool to build decklists with a hard budget (e.g. 25€).\n\nActually a \"exclude from price total\" option for categories would also be really nice.\n"}]}
Edited 8/12/2019, 11:53:11 AM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Exclude from price total is a really good idea. In the work I'm doing now it'd make it a lot easier to add as part of categories moving forward. Probably not gonna add that quite yet as I'm knee deep in category updates, but (hopefully) once I've made these updates, it should be pretty trivial to add that.\n"}]}
Krauhn88 avatarKrauhn88 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I second the issue with Cardmarket prices. I only build budget decks with Cardmarket prices and compare version price on every card. However I often find that the Cardmarket price isnt available or very inaccurate. What price is Archidekt actually pulling from Cardmarket? \nAs an example I referenced all the prices of Nissa, Voice of Zendikar where Archidekt shows a price range of 8.15 - 15.98 EUR (excluding comic-con version and normal foil) and checking the prices on Cardmarket, the trend prices of the card averages at 3.5 - 4.8 EUR, which is of course a huge deal building on a strict budget. :) \n\nAnyone know how Archidekt gathers price data from Cardmarket? \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"On the point of \"exclude from price total\" I originally thought this was what the card collection feature was for and was disappointed when I told the site I owned the card and the total price didn't go down. It would be nice if there was just an option to exclude card collection prices automatically. It would make it fast and easy to see just how much I'd actually be spending if I took the time to assemble the deck.\n"}]}
Jank_Garbage avatarJank_Garbage 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"also if you could add cross website auto cheapest way to buy with factored shipping that would be amazing though i understand the challenges\n"}]}
be_an_adult avatarbe_an_adult 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"To elaborate on this, is it possible to make the default version of the WAR Planeswalkers in the search not appear as the JP prints? It’s difficult to go through and try to figure out what works well in a deck when the “most recent” card displayed is either the JP WAR promo. This issue also occurs with cards most recently printed in Salvat 2005, interestingly. Perhaps a preferred language setting for the profile settings could be used so search results default to EN printings instead of other printings, then you can refine from there if you have the super neat Russian Foil version of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Foil"}},{"insert":"?\n"}]}
cradwel avatarcradwel 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I love this idea!\nIt's really tedious to switch all the cards' printings because it picks Promos or more really expensive versions.\n"}]}
hexxn_ avatarhexxn_ 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think I can just add my complaint in this thread. Aside from cheaper/more expensive version, the most annoying thing in the world is importing the text list and then having a bunch of cards in Spanish or Japanese alt arts for no reason whatsoever. And it wasn't like this just a few weeks ago! This made me temporarily switch to another platform which I'd prefer not to do. Archidekt rocks but this is way too much of an inconvenience.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"That's exactly why I came to the forums. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would also love to see this feature. I impose a $25-ish budget on my decks based on the cheapest printing of a card. I currently use mtggoldfish.com for deck brewing because that site defaults to the cheapest edition. Would love to switch over to archidekt, but I can't until this feature is implemented.\n"}]}
madelson avatarmadelson 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I also try to track budget but often the default card added from search is a premium or otherwise-expensive version (or a weird print with no paper list price). It would be nice to at least tweak how it chooses the default print to be used (cheapest paper).\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"There are so many great things about Archidekt, but not having the ability to optimize the cost based on TCG Player is making it difficult to convince my playgroup to use this. I hope this is on the roadmap.\n"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"From your Account Settings page, you can change which retailer is listed first for cards in your searches, decks, and collection. This will also ensure that the total price listed for your decks is based on that retailer. Hopefully this helps to optimize things for your playgroup! \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"As someone who plays budget and has to manually tweak card prices to get a deck where it needs to be, this would be very nice.\n"}]}
Edited 1/5/2021, 9:05:07 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"I believe the way they include their cards is by using the most recent version of the card. For example, I added "},{"attributes":{"background":"#ff9900"},"insert":"Dark Ritual"},{"insert":" to a deck (Which can be picked up for less than a dollar at some online stores, especially the Revised edition), and it used the most recent reprint, which was the 25th Anniversary version, which is about $65 because it was Mythic Rare and very hard to come by. If they could add either the cheapest version of every card, or even each version of every card (which would take some work, but would be worth your time), that would be awesome!\n"}]}
Mr._Spike avatarMr._Spike 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"There's also a bug with Lightning Bolt where the foil version of the Magic Fest promo is crazy expensive in the CK price but in CK it doesn't show up with that price\n"}]}
SorcerySpeed avatarSorcerySpeed 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I really want this, too. When importing lists, they always pull the fancy, borderless, mystical archive art/price, so I'll have a $50 card that should be $1. It's annoying to have to manually revert these cards to their cheaper versions.\n"}]}