[Builder/Social] User-assigned deck power ratings

Jeremy avatarJeremy 16 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"With this proposed feature, users would be given the option to assign a power rating to their deck. Likely, this would take the form of a 1-10 system with associated documentation to help you decided where your deck falls. This rating would be visible to other users, and likely be a searchable field. \n\nThis is a bit of a controversial one for reasons I'm sure others will share, but it comes up frequently enough that we feel it's worth having a designated space to discuss it. Opinions, both supporting and against, are welcome. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Seems unneccesary since power ranks are extremely subjective. Seems like the 1-10 system is going out of fashion anyways.\n"}]}
Oldrin avatarOldrin 16 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"If this is implemented, would it be possible to allow other people to vote on your power rating? This may be a way of helping fighting the subjectiveness when a good number of people rate decks. Kinda like how we see ratings in Uber.\n"}]}
Edited 12/6/2022, 5:21:08 PM
MoxJef avatarMoxJef 16 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"If anything, I would prefer that Archidekt come up with its own power evaluation algorithm so that all decks are evaluated against the same criteria instead of a subjective evaluation of the owner. \n\nThese algorithms are not without flaw though, as it's very hard to account for all the ways magic cards interact in powerful ways. For example, how would you be able to assign a power value to Muldrotha's ability to recur a fetchland out of its graveyard every turn? You really cannot. But there are some universal variables that can be accounted for in each deck. If every deck is subject to the same evaluation, that can be a good jumping off point for a power level score, and then after that the community can help tweak the power level, possibly, to help account for the real world performance of a deck.\n"}]}
BigSwettiYeti avatarBigSwettiYeti 16 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Try using salt score! It seems to be a relatively successful way of determining power level. While not an definite determiner, neither is power level ratings anyways! Works for me at least\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"My decks are all 7's. 😉\n\nThe 1-10 scale may have been popular in commander, but I've never known players to rate their decks this way in other formats.\n\nI think deck tags are better than any numerical ratings, and tags have the benefit of being relevant across all formats.\n\nI suggest a \"Spiky\" tag (not to be confused with the \"Spike\" creature type) to give players the option of identifying their own decks that are shooting for hight power. The \"Jank\" tag already exists, why not give it an opposite?\n"}]}