Checking out decks for other members.

Gaghiel avatarGaghiel 14 months
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"Hey folks."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"I am pretty new here, but I have uploaded a fair share of my real life Commander decks here in that time. I also like to sometimes browse the decks others have build, which can give some fun ideas."},{"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"I am curious on how often you guys do this as well and if you gain anything from doing so."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"I am also quite interested in discussing ideas, strategies and general deckbuilding with fellow members and I would love to see how others view the decks I have build."},{"insert":"\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 14 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I sometimes view and compare other decks with the same commander. The compare feature on Archidekt is great for finding things I missed in my card searches.\n\nThe forums on Archidekt tend to be pretty quiet; often days go by between new discussions. I've also observed very broad \"let's talk about Magic\" posts tend to be ignored by the community. The best way to get a response is ask a specific question.\n"}]}
Gaghiel avatarGaghiel 14 months
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"I suppose very broad and vague posts can be easily overlooked. For me, it would depend on various factors, such as if the person seems to be (or admits to be), fully new to the game and the community."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"Still, I think that in order to even have a community, we do need to acknowledge that such posts are just fine every now and then and engage. It can easily spawn more focused discussions, once people already have started interacting and talking."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#e60000","bold":true},"insert":"I do like to get ideas for certain commander decks of mine, from others using the same Commander, but I do make myself wary of simply not copying the whole thing or almost at least. I love being creative with those cards I have physically first and foremost."},{"insert":"\n"}]}