Tips for a deck

DrakEmono avatarDrakEmono 13 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hiya! I made a new deck I plan to build, based on wolves and werewolves. However, I have a little problem: I have way too many cards, and I don't know which ones to remove from my deck. Can someone help me deciding please?\nNote that I just placed basic lands without thinking much, I will balance them depending on the final global mana costs.\nI also had to remove some very good cards which, sadly, were too expensive for me, but if ever you have an idea of a very good addition to my deck which isn't expensive, I can consider it too.\nThanks!\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/3796396"},"insert":"Deck"},{"insert":"\n\nEDIT: Thank you for your helps. I got additional help from outside to finalize my deck, and it's all good now. I keep the topic open in case you would actually suggest me a stronger card to replace one of mines with. (Note that I would avoid to have to invest for expensive cards, at least for now, so obviously, I don't take perfect bi-lands :p)\n"}]}
Edited 3/22/2023, 2:04:34 AM
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 13 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"For your creatures, start by cutting all the ones that don't have an impactful ability on one side. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Afflicted Deserter // Werewolf Ransacker"}},{"insert":" is a prime example. You pay 4 mana for a 3/2 with no other impact on the board state by itself. That's poor value for mana. I recommend you make a similar evaluation for every creature in your list. I see at least a dozen.\n\nIf you already have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sylvan Library"}},{"insert":", then "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Abundance"}},{"insert":" is worth finding room for.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"About "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Afflicted Deserter // Werewolf Ransacker"}},{"insert":" , it can destroy an artifact and deal direct damage to the opponent, while being a 5/4 most of the time. Doesn't it sound better?\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Abundance"}},{"insert":" looks great, but doesn't it seem a bit expensive? At 4 mana, I usually have enough to start with.\n"}]}
Wesmonster avatarWesmonster 13 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I see some cards that don't really advance your game plan. There are a couple of cards that deal direct damage, but other than that, they aren't very good value for the mana cost and it doesn't seem like direct damage is a big part of your deck.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I wanted to add some direct damage to manage a bit the board in case there are annoying creatures on the board that I wouldn't be able to destroy. I know that I have the ability to generate lot of tokens with it to defend myself, but creatures with effect, or even flying creatures might be a problem for me. Don't you think I should have some? Unless there are some cards you think are too costy to be worth? If so, I'm not sure which ones...\n"}]}
GlitchHunter avatarGlitchHunter 13 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Firstly, I don't really see running only basic snow lands for just one card; I would replace "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Blizzard Brawl"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bushwhack"}},{"insert":" or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arena"}},{"insert":". I would also substitute "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Herald's Horn"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Icon of Ancestry"}},{"insert":".\nCreatures:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Archetype of Aggression"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Archetype of Endurance"}},{"insert":" are worth considering.\nLands:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thriving Bluff"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thriving Grove"}},{"insert":" are worth considering\nOther:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Spidersilk Armor"}},{"insert":" would help cover your inability to block flying (if you are able to get it out)\nAs for removing, I would agree with Piandao, start by removing Transforming Werewolves that have to transform before they are useful.\n"}]}
Edited 3/21/2023, 4:20:10 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Alright, thanks! I will consider the cards you suggest!\nAbout the werewolves, I just would like to be sure... If I have 3 werewolves (including the commander), it becomes night, so they will almost always be useful, right? I know I have to remove some of them, but I usually just look at the transformed version since that's what they will be most of the time, no matter what the opponent will do.\nPS: The lands look so good, they will be worth too for my future commander 5 colors... (yeah, I like defies)\n"}]}
Edited 3/21/2023, 7:19:12 PM