[Builder] Apply custom categories automatically to cards (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Currently, when a card is added to your deck, any custom categories you wish to applied must be added manually. With this proposed feature, we would present one or both of the following options:\n\nFrom your Account Settings, manually apply categories to cards of your choice so they're immediately dropped into that custom category when added to a deck."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Using data available on our end, Archidekt automatically applies an appropriate custom category to certain cards when added to your deck."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nThese two directions are not mutually exclusive, but we're curious to hear which sounds more useful to you. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n"}]}
Edited 12/11/2023, 2:29:36 PM
sodium_hydrogen avatarsodium_hydrogen 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"It would also be nice to allow selecting a custom category when adding a card to a deck.\n"}]}
Kingkarate1 avatarKingkarate1 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I am maybe an oddity when it comes to this but, similarly, if there was a way to disable the card type categories that are applied by default when adding cards, that would be useful to me since I use all custom categories. \n"}]}
Robinvdp avatarRobinvdp 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"This is my #1 request for a new feature. The majority of my time when building a new deck is putting cards into custom categories, it would help a lot if my sol ring automatically is put in my 'ramp' category and my Coastal Piracy in my 'card draw' category. It is still important to be able to put cards into a category without it being global though (e.g. my Despotic Scepter is card draw in my Lynde Curses deck, but not in any other deck).\n"}]}
Alecajuice avatarAlecajuice 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"This is a feature I'd really like to see, too. I like the first option, but in addition, it would be nice if we could apply deck-specific categories for each card globally (something like global tags in Moxfield), maybe something like a checkmark to set a global category when editing categories for a card:"},{"insert":{"image":"https://i.imgur.com/JAVphfq.png"}},{"insert":"\nNot sure how it would affect a card if it's already in another deck, but if the card is added to another deck later it would automatically be added to the categories marked global. Also, it'd be nice to be able to see/edit these categories in the collection as well.\n\nAppreciate your work and asking the community for feedback!\n"}]}
PigeonOfDeath avatarPigeonOfDeath 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would absolutely love to see this feature added. There are some tags that I will always want to apply to a card, e.g., Rampant Growth always being Ramp and Night's Whisper always being Card Advantage. Currently it can take a lot of time during the brewing process to add a new tag to something that you've tagged the same way in multiple decks.\n"}]}
Fibrys avatarFibrys 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Right now, default categories are redundant with Group by Type view. It would be really cool, if Scryfall's \"function\" tag would be automatically assigned to the categories instead. This way, if you added a Birds of Paradise, in Group by Category it would automatically be shown under Ramp.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would really love this feature. Ideally, when you add a category to a card while building a deck, you can flag it as something you want the system to remember going forward. Having to go into the settings to mess with categories for certain cards seems like it would be a real pain.\n"}]}
jb_druit avatarjb_druit 8 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would like to see the categories applied automatically. I think that pulling in scryfall oracle tags , if possible, would be great. The scryfall oracle tag system iss extensive. It covers the basics like draw, ramp, removal, etc. As well as just about every other mechanic. I think it would provide a ton of value for brewing and save a lot off time for those of us who categorise cards in ways other than just type, which is alot of us i think.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Especially great when you want to make multiple drafts of the same deck because some categories you might not touch.\n"}]}