Adjustments to Mill deck

GlitchHunter avatarGlitchHunter 13 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/3824161\nPlanned:\n-Remove "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Evolving Wilds"}},{"insert":" and reduce Basic Lands to 9 each and put in all lands from maybe board\nI definitely wish to add "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Parasitic Impetus"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Psychic Impetus"}},{"insert":", and/or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Shiny Impetus"}},{"insert":". Adding the Ravinica block signets ("},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dimir Signet"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Izzet Signet"}},{"insert":", and/or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Rakdos Signet"}},{"insert":") for mana rocks is also fairly high.\n--\nI prefer to build low-budget decks, so no pricy cards (e.g. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bruvac the Grandiloquent"}},{"insert":") as recommendations.\nThe main thing I'm wanting is ways to optimize the strategy of this deck ("},{"insert":{"card-link":"Lord Xander, the Collector"}},{"insert":"+"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Assault Suit"}},{"insert":", that is why I want to add goad enchantments); efficient ways to get the impetus(es) and Assault Suit out reliably each game, better secondary milling effects, and cards to remove from the mainboard are all suggestions I'm open to.\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"How attached are you to all those cards with Casualty? If you you really want to optimize for a specific strategy, then this is where I would start cutting cards. A lot of the Casualty cards do nothing to help you get your big mill creatures or Assault Suit. You also don't have much sacrifice fodder to satisfy the casualty costs. \n\nIf you want your main win con to be big mill creature + Assault Suit, then you should increase the redundancy of that strategy in your deck. You have some redundancy for Xander, but you could have more attack-based mill with cards like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Imperious Mindbreaker"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Nemesis of Reason"}},{"insert":" . Right now you only have 1 Assault Suit. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Jon Irenicus, Shattered One"}},{"insert":" gives you a similar effect with Goad Built in. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Custody Battle"}},{"insert":" works. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fateful Handoff"}},{"insert":" could be interesting. Ther's also "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wrong Turn"}},{"insert":" .\n\nRedundancy also comes through tutors. You don't need the expensive top-end black tutors. With tutors, more mana = less money. Worth it if you really want to hedge your bets for a specific win con.\n"}]}