Would like some feed back on the deck I have been building and updating for 2 years slowly

OBstax avatarOBstax 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://www.archidekt.com/decks/4548460/leech_life\n\nTo preface this was the first deck I made my self with no guide, even though I have played for 2 years I'm pretty new to deck building and usually op for a pre con that I will upgrade. It started as a black green snake deck, because i love snakes I quickly realized the deck was trash and have been working on making it better over time really narrowing in my commanders ability. \n\nThe Deck uses Willowdusk, Essence Seer as a commander and utilizes life gained and lost to put +1+1 counters on my own creatures (typically with life link) to create more life gain which in turn creates more +1+1 counters. \nSince the deck has a focus around life lost and gain, we need to be able to consistently gain life in order to feel more comfortable and stay in the game longer while paying as much life as we will. \n\nWillowdusk's ability reads as follows: 1, Tap: Choose another target creature. Put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of life you gained this turn or the amount of life you lost this turn, whichever is greater. Activate only as a sorcery.\n\nThis deck contains cards like \"Verdant Sun's Avatar\", \"Pulse of mursa\", \"Nissa's Renewal\" for large chunks of life gain if I don't have any life link on the board. \"Pristine tailsman\" allows for consistent 1 life gain while providing mana. \n\nPain lands are that much better in this deck because the life lost can be turned into counters. \n\nTyvar, Jubilant Brawler and Thousand year elixer are amazing as they let me tap my commander more then once in a turn which can lead to a huge amount of +1+1 counters and the ability to spread them more widely. \n\nAn example, I play Kirk son of yawgmoth while my commander is on the field from the turn before, I pay the six life instead of 3 black mana I tap my commander and give kirk 6, +1+1 counters then use one of the cards mentioned above to untap my commander, tap him again and now kirk gets another 6 counters putting him at 14/14 in one turn. With his life link the next turn he will gain me 14 life by attacking and I can then add 14 more counters untap and tap again to add another 14 putting him at 42/42 in two turns \n\nCards like \"sanguine bond\" or \"vito, thorn of the dusk rose\" can quickly get out of hand and kill my opponent (whenever you gain life target opponent loses that much life). Yargle or another creature that has a large amount of +1+1 counters on it can be exchanged at instant speed for an army of 1/1 pests that allow me to gain 1 life when they die due to \"tend to the pests\" In the same manner \"Grissly Spectacle\" allows me to draw cards equal to sacrificed creatures power.\n\nAnother fun mention is Minion of the wastes, his power and toughness are equal to the amount of life im willing to pay when playing the card and it has trample, so I could pay 20 life to have it come out as a 20/20 and then tap my commander to add 20 more +1+1 counters to it. I now have a 40/40 trample if I have cards mentioned above to untap and retap we could be looking at a 60/60 with trample.\n\nThe goal is a deck that is strong but fun to play, and to really make something that was my own. What do you all think?\n\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Only you can decide if the deck is fun to play with. Willowdusk's ability being limited to sorcery speed gives other players more opportunity for interaction, and the counters theme lends itself to comabt. I like interaction and the combat step, so I imagine the deck would be fun to play against.\n\nI notice your deck doesn't have tutors or Exquisite Blood. You're leaning into your commander's role as a value engine. As a result, your deck has several differences from the average Willowdusk deck on EDHREC. There are also twice as many lifegain decks with Dina, Soul Steeper as commander. By those measures, I think it's safe to say you put your own spin on an otherwise common archetype in your deck's colors.\n"}]}
OBstax avatarOBstax 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for the feed back! Played 4 games yesterday it was a lot of fun. Exquisite Blood will for sure be going in, Could you recommend a tutor ? I have tried to stay on the more frugal side when building this deck most of my more expensive cards are from packs I opened my self and typically stray away from buying cards over 10-15 dollars with a few exceptions.\n"}]}