need to empower that deck, can you help plz!

{"ops":[{"insert":"hi folks, i am looking to empower this deck: https://www.archidekt.com/decks/5227532/madness_unleashed_the_conquerors_cabal. \ni had fun writing the description section so it might be interesting for you to read that to get a bit of the spirit but still, here are a few thing that you need to know to help me.\n\nFirst, i am no usual mtg (commander edh) player. i like twisted deck that procure value in way that surprise, destabilize or disrupt opponents. i also like when there is a risk worth the reward in my card choises, something that make each of my decisions worth it. something that force me to play a mastermind game. for that, i like to try to find a way to play that we dont realy see that often (usualy, there is a reason, thoses deck are hardly optimizable)!\n\nprobably most of you, if you still read it are as much sceptical as curious right now. and you might wonder how i can whish to win this way. i then have to say that i only play with friends in our own power level rules. here they are:\nonly use tutor if your deck is not viable without it... we try to avoid it especialy if you instant win with a tutor. whishing claw is a good example of tutor we would like most if needed.\nwe do not destroy lands of opponents\nwe dont have endless control deck. we want to be able to counter few times in the game but we still want to see the decks pop so everyone has a moment to shine\nwe try to pay at most 500-600$ (canadian$) for one deck\nusualy, decks can win within 5-6 to 9 rounds\n\nso now that you know me and the rules i play with, here is the time to talk about the deck's intentions:\ni tryed to build a deck that work on -1/-1 counters. it feels like a double edge sword which i feel like it is funny and interesting because i want to give the most of it to everyone me included. point is, -1/-1 are counters so everything that works on counters and not specific counters work well there. so i am looking for cards that give value to death and counters / -1/-1 counters like making me draw, ramp, create tokens... also, as this lead to mots creature dying, i felt like i needed thoses creatures to return on the battle field and thus, why not taking opponents creatures that dies which makes me capitalise over all that everdying cycle. In brief, i want to put as many -1/-1 as possible as a fuel for the deck to pop few way out as infinite token with vish kal and scarab nest as example, or take control of all living with necroskitter.\n\nnow that my intentions ares establised, why do i need help there? as you can guess, there is little cards exploiting -1/-1 as a winning strategie. i feel like the deck might be too slow (not enought ramp and draw) and not very stable (only a few cards make it work so i might need tutors). i dont want this deck to be competitive, but i feel like some good ideas might make this somethime fun deck just a genuinely fun deck to play with. please remember, i want to be bold and hard to see comming. i want to surprise people and twist the game so please, impress me with thoses unknowen cards.\n\ncheers!\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Is there a reason you're not running any Infect?\n\nI would at least run "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Viral Drake"}},{"insert":". It's a 1 card win condition that plays with themes you tagged on your deck.\n\nLeaning harder into Proliferate might make the -1/-1 counters more viable. Even though I think there are several better Proliferate options than Gulping Scraptrap or Whisper of the Dross, I'm only going to call out one of them. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Karn's Bastion"}},{"insert":" is a land with repeatable Proliferate, and I think your land count is too low anyway. \n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Burning Anger"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fire Whip"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hypervolt Grasp"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Lightning Prowess"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Power of Fire"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Viridian Longbow"}},{"insert":" are some of the best cards that give a creature an activated ability to tap and deal damage. This effect makes your creatures with Wither (or Infect 😉) less dependent on combat.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"thank you john! as i built only a few deck, my skills are limited and there is so many cards and options i dont know about. as for my land count, you totaly might be right! for instance, the reason behind the lack of infect is just that i like to be the underdog and having an infect deck would put me into the position of the game treath. meaning i ll have to be flawless if i want to win and a challenging deck with unusual gameplan might not be fit for that. still thx for the advices\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm personally a little confused about the kind of power level you wish to play, with things like Black Market, and Ancient Brass Dragon in a list that aims to win in rounds 5-9, but if I had any recommendations, it would be to add something like "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Deity of Scars"},{"insert":", or "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Devoted Druid"},{"insert":" to the list. They provide ways for you to add counters to your critters and also gain value off of them. Another example of this is "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Wall of Roots"},{"insert":", but it should be noted that it uses a unique counter, and therefore is a little harder to built around. \nYou'll be interested to note that thanks to the counter changes they made, -1/-1 counters and +1/+1 counters cancel each other out, and so with "},{"attributes":{"italic":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Mikaeus"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":" "},{"insert":"on the battlefield, these creatures actually gain double the benefit, as you can kill them over and over, and as long as you remove their +1/+1 counter each time using a -1/-1 counter, they will always come back.\nSimilarly, you can go infinite with "},{"attributes":{"italic":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Mikaeus"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":" "},{"insert":"and "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Walking Ballista"},{"insert":" for this very reason, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that if you want a fair game, especially seeing as you have a house rule of little interaction. \n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Blight Sickle"},{"insert":" may also interest you, as a way of adding wither to any creature you please. However, how you wish to benefit from this is an entirely different kettle of fish. \n\nThough of course, something like "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Yawgomth, Thran Physician"},{"insert":" may fit nicely in there, with the ability to apply both -1/-1 counters and proliferate. For just raw proliferation as well, "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Flux Channeler"},{"insert":" never goes astray, but admittedly this requires a decent number of non-creatures. Given the way you've stacked the deck, I don't know the exact numbers, but I think you'd end up with quite a bit of value out of it.\n \nOn the note of proliferating, you should probably be running things like "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Everflowing Chalice"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Astral Cornucopia"},{"insert":", and potentially "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Aetherworks Marvel "},{"insert":"too. You can proliferate counters on any permanents, or players after all, so being able to proliferate your mana making, or your payoffs is quite strong, especially as you have an interest in killing your own creatures. Of particular note is the synergy between "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Yawgmoth"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Aetherflux Marvel"},{"insert":", and "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Deity of Scars"},{"insert":", but I'll leave you to figure that one out. \nWith the damage you'll be taking from some of your own payoffs, something like a "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Clearwater Goblet"},{"insert":" may not go astray either; another proliferate target that casually gives you a little more life to work with!\n\nSorry it's a lot of words, but I promise it's got some good stuff in there. Hope this helps!\n(I have bolded the additions I mention, and bold+italicised cards you already have in there)\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"hey dan! a wonderfull answer you have there! thanks a lot really and dont worry about the number of words. i would take more of it! this is very generous of you, plus there is lots of good ideas there. thx a lot\n"}]}