Deck Folders

Hevarius avatarHevarius 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm not seeing a way to organize decks, and a folder system would be excellent. I'm importing decks from tappedout and have a large number of lists that is going to become unwieldy rather quickly with just the scrollbar. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"strike":true},"insert":"Thanks for the post!"},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"strike":true},"insert":"One of the devs here, I think a folder structure is a great idea, especially considering how many decks people (myself included) enjoy brewing. We'll definitely be taking note of this. In the interim you can get to your user page by clicking your name on a deck, or the home page, etc, to see a wheel of all of your decks. I realize that this isn't really a solution to having a ton of decks right now, but hopefully it helps in the interim while we figure out how to move on this."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"strike":true},"insert":"Thanks for the suggustion"},{"insert":"\n\nEdit August 2019: \n\nAlrighty let's drop an update about this. We've started speccing out how we plan on implementing this on the site. Once we finish that and put out multiple categories we'll start implementing deck folders. We don't really have a specific eta yet, but we're shooting for it to be out in the release after the next, or one later. Assuming nothing comes up (aka something is significantly broken) this is the current plan. \n\nHope this excites people! We're still in the design phase so suggestions are super welcome (not that they won't be once we're done, it's just easier to plan in from the beginning rather than adding it after the fact). \n\n~ Michael\n"}]}
Edited 8/25/2019, 11:00:57 PM
Buhlaine avatarBuhlaine 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Awesome, I was just about to jump in an +1\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've adopted adding [FORMAT] to the front of all of my deck names so I can search my decks per organization I want. Not everything I play falls neatly into the popular formats, so it has been the best solution to my needs. I would support a tag based system instead / in addition to (which is effectively the same thing), as that is basically what I'm doing.\n\n\n[Casual]\n[Cube]\n[WishList]\n[Legacy]\n[Modern]\n[Standard]\n[Pauper]\n[TinyLeaders]\n\n\netc\n\nAt least, that is my work around.\n"}]}
Edited 8/29/2019, 2:08:43 PM
[deleted] avatar[deleted] 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"[deleted]"}]}
Socat avatarSocat 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Folders would be a definite improvement , so that I can have decks that I am brewing or have partially completed store separately from my completed and playable decks. Please consider implementing this feature in the near future\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Folders would be totally awesome! My decks are all cluttered in one plae right now!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"As someone who just came aboard with 70 commander decks I haven't started adding yet, I would already know that I'd need this feature. \n"}]}
xerogold avatarxerogold 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would love to have a folder system so I can store actively built decks separately of archived (formally built) decklists. My three folders tend to be be \"In My Bag\", \"Archived\", and \"Brew In Progress\". Sometimes I have a forth category of \"Copied Net Deck\", but those usually move into brewing or in bag eventually.\nHaving the \"In My Bag\" category for decks is specifically helpful as when I'm searching for a card, I know which decks are currently built to do a card search on just those. Then I can choose to archive and scavenge that deck for cards if I need to.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would like to add my plea for a folder system. Or at least a sort system like one that was mentioned here already. Not filter, but sort. Thanks, this is a great deck builder. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I too would also like a folder system for organizing my decks. Mostly so I can have folders for active decks, stuff I'm in the process of building, stuff I'm brainstorming, and inactive decks.\n"}]}
Kaltovei avatarKaltovei 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Going to have to ask for Deck Folders too. I can kinda sort with a numbering system but it's ugly and really dissuading me from building a lot more decks, especially with C19 coming out.\n"}]}
The_Speck avatarThe_Speck 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Just another request for folders. Would love to be able to separate my finished decks from my works in progress.\n"}]}
Ezraphell avatarEzraphell 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for, if not a Folder system, a better way to keep decks organized. I'm a big fan of Folders based solely on the simplicity of being able to place decks into groups with little thought and being able to only see certain decks at any given time. \n\nI also think a tags system could work if implemented with a filter as well. Even simple tags like \"Contains Green\" or \"In Progress\" would be a huge improvement over the current system allowing to quickly filter out decks you don't want to see at the moment or pull up specific decks for a quick tinker or deck list check.\n\nI do take offense to the notion that people would not use a feature, if it is intuitive and/or designed well enough you'll have the more hardcore users adopt it at first which will then trickle down to even less avid users. I also know that with a better sorting system implemented I personally would have many, many more decks but as it stands I actively try to keep the amount low so that I don't need to go digging to find lists when new cards come out or a friend asks for a certain decklist of mine.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Checkout the edit on my first post at the top of this thread, that update much better reflects how we feel about this now. Feel free to reply to that if you have any extra feedback, we'd absolutely love to hear it!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Commenting here to point out that I updated the current status on deck folders.\n"}]}
Ober25 avatarOber25 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi, you included now a folder system for the decks. However, now the deck name is limited to 32 characters? Is this a bug or a feature? Thanks.\n"}]}