Commander Deck Improvements

nabate23 avatarnabate23 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello, I'm trying to improve on my Commander that I built from my collection. Can anyone please help me out? Here's the link: "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://www.archidekt.com/decks/1049365#Llanowar_Abomination"},"insert":"Llanowar Abomination (Commander / EDH) - Archidekt"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Michalicash avatarMichalicash 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"One thing that will definitely help (imo) is by sorting your deck into the following categories:\n\nLands \nCard Draw\nRamp\nTargeted Removal\nBoard Wipes\nYour Deck's game plan (looks like yours is Elves tribal?)\nFlex (anything that doesn't really fit other categories)\n\nI find this to be way easier to see what you need to improve on but not necessary. Also, what power level are you looking at making this deck and what specifically are you looking to improve on? Are you looking to just use elves or would you be open to bigger creatures that come in late after you've played a bunch of elves, like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Craterhoof Behemoth"}},{"insert":"? I would also consider adding in a Planeswalker or two, ones like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk Wildspeaker"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk, Caller of Beasts"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Vivien, Monsters' Advocate"}},{"insert":" or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury"}},{"insert":" that go well with your creature heavy deck. Since you are building around lots of creatures and don't really want to wipe your own board state maybe look at board wipes such as "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kindred Dominance"}},{"insert":" or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"In Garruk's Wake"}},{"insert":"? They're a bit high in mana costs but if you are ramping they could fit.\n"}]}
nabate23 avatarnabate23 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you for the advice. If you were in my shoes, how would you build this deck?\n"}]}