Feature Request: Ability to ignore errors that give cards red borders

thestrauch avatarthestrauch 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi! I love this platform, so thank you for keeping it up to date with plenty of features and content. Can't say thank you enough.\n\nThere is something, however, which can be a little bothersome when working on decks. When a card is not legal in a particular format, it highlights that card bright red, which can be very distracting while brewing. The most frequent situation where I run into this is while brewing recently spoiled commanders into an EDH deck. I understand that cards which are not yet on the market are technically not legal in any formats, but EDH is a format where players are constantly brewing and playing with new cards. \n\nI think that the red-border warning is definitely helpful, but in this particular situation it really isn't. I now brew newly spoiled commanders on another site because there is no way to turn this feature off. Even if I switch the deck format to \"custom,\" newly spoiled cards are marked with errors. \n\nI hope this is something we can see in the future; I am certain that I am not the only person who would greatly appreciate this option. Thank you!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Please! Especially if they're in legal colors for the commander I'm using!\n"}]}
DMush avatarDMush 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be extremely helpful. If possible please make this change. \n"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'll take another pass at this with the dev team. Figuring out the \"right\" way to notify users of legality issues has always been a bit of a balancing act with figuring out how visible is "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"too"},{"insert":" visible. I definitely understand that when brewing decks with spoiled cards, the legality of those cards is not something you're concerned with, so our current system is probably too much of a nuisance. I'll see what we can do!\n\nThat being said, switching your deck to the Custom format "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"should"},{"insert":" work as it turns off the legality checker all together. Do you happen to have a link to a deck where this isn't the case? \n\nThank you for reaching out!\n"}]}
thestrauch avatarthestrauch 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi! Thank you for your response. I just saw this. I did a little testing, and it appears that if I start a deck as \"Commander/EDH\" and then swap it over to custom once I see red borders, the red borders still remain. Below I will link an example of this with and EDH deck brewed using a spoiled commander that's been changed to custom (it appears that the embedded link button is broken, but that may be on my end and not yours). This is your domain and not mine, but if I could give my 2 cents as a site user, I feel that the best way to still implement legality issue notifications would be "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"as is"},{"insert":", but include a button on individual cards to ignore errors. Kind of like how I can give a card a custom CMC or exclude it from the deck price, and not unlike how they have worked out this issue for Word/Google Docs (Thank god, given that my last name is always \"misspelled.\")\n\nThank you for all the support you do on here! You guys are great.\n\nExample Deck: https://archidekt.com/decks/1299728#Quintorius_EDH\n"}]}