Feature Request - Show actual count of owned in the Deck Builder

{"ops":[{"insert":"Needless to say this has got to be the best Deck Building tool out there (paid or not), thanks for doing this.\n\n\n"},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Feature request:"},{"insert":"\nVisual indicator of card ownership feature to be enhanced to accurately display if you have enough cards in your collection to satisfy the need when building a deck.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Current Behavior:"},{"insert":"\nThere is a colored underline on the top, left corner of a card representing the card ownership/availability in your collection. There is no additional easy way to determine how many of the cards you have available or if you have to buy additional cards to satisfy the requirement in your deck.\n\nGreen: You own some or all of these cards in your collection in the required printing.\nBlue: You own some or all of these cards in your collection but the printing is different to the indicated in the deck.\nGrey: You do not own these card.\n\n\n"},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Enhanced Behavior:"},{"insert":"\nThe color code should indicate more accurately the amount of cards that you own.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"*changed"},{"insert":"*"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":" Green: "},{"insert":"You own all the cards of the printing indicated on the deck.\n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"*changed*"},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Blue:"},{"insert":" You own all the cards in a mix of the printing indicated and other printings, or you own all of the cards of a different printing than indicated on the deck.\n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true,"bold":true},"insert":"*new color 1*"},{"insert":": You own some of these cards of the indicated printing.\n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true,"bold":true},"insert":"*new color 2*"},{"insert":": You own some of these cards in a mix of the printing indicated and other printings, or you own some of the cards of a different printing than indicated on the deck.\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Grey: "},{"insert":"You do not own any of these cards.\n\nAdditionally, when clicking on the card, it will open the regular card display page but there is now an added \"you own X of these cards\" or similar way that displays either the cards owned by printing or total cards owned with that name.\n\n\n\n"}]}
Edited 7/1/2021, 8:59:52 PM
Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"First of all, thank you for the kind words and incredibly clear suggestion! \n\nThe collection feature and how it relates to other features (such as the collection indicator stripe within decks that you refer to here) are areas we have plans to update and tweak. The enhanced behavior you describe here is certainly a direction we could go. I see the value in it if you're someone who uses the collection feature religiously and want it and your decks to be an accurate representation of your physical collection.\n\nSomething we have to be careful of, however, is overcomplicating our features. The stripes already aren't the most intuitive thing in the world (we get questions about what they are somewhat regularly), and I fear adding additional colors for additional circumstances will insure that only users who have made a conscious effort to learn the ins and outs of the feature will benefit from it. And, the higher the barrier to entry (i.e. the more confusing the feature), the less likely it is that someone new is going to try to make use of it. \n\nIt's a bit of a balancing act for us, because we certainly don't want features to be suboptimal for simplicity's sake either. If we implement something like this, I see it being something optional that a user would need to turn on. Regardless, it's a very sound idea, so we'll see if there's room to fit it in in some form next time we take a crack at collection features. Thank you again for the suggestion! \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey Jeremy, thanks for the response. I totally get your point.\nThe reason I suggested the color coding was more around not requesting a whole new different feature, but rather modifying one that exists.\nPerhaps there is something more intermediate where you don't change the color coding, but simply add your collection matches when you click on the card?\n\nIn any event, thanks again for the response and the amazing work on this.\n \n"}]}