Thoughts on Muldrotha?

alex avataralex 6 years
{"ops": [{"insert": "I almost feel like\n"}, {"insert": {"card-link": "Muldrotha, the Gravetide"}}, {"insert": "is either too flavor of the month or too juicy of a target (especially at six mana). Thoughts?"}]}
alex avataralex 6 years
{"ops": [{"insert": "thoughts"}]}
alex avataralex 6 years
{"ops": [{"insert": "inner thoughts?"}]}
alex avataralex 6 years
{"ops": [{"insert": "other thoughts?"}]}
{"ops": [{"insert": "I feel like it's not threatening enough to really get targeted removal. It's too passive. It's not an immediate threat to an opponent."}]}
{"ops": [{"insert": "Also I feel like if you click reply to post it should pop a modal the same way as a reply or somehow save the context. This way I know exactly what I'm replying to. Not being able to see what I'm reply to is not the ideal UX."}]}
{"ops": [{"insert": "I feel like Muldrotha is quickly going to become one of those 'kill on sight' commanders, similar to the reactions Meren elicits. Since his mechanic is so integral to the deck working, if you're going to go forward with the deck, I'd have some contingency plans to protect him, maybe have one way of giving him hexproof, one for shroud, one for indestructable, just to keep him around for a bit longer. It sucks to have your game shut down because you can't keep your commander on the field :P (read, Gisela iterations 1-3, lol)"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 6 years
{"ops": [{"insert": "Definitely overrated. As previously mentioned, I think it's going to be a \"kill on sight\" for most. I mean, sure, it "}, {"insert": "might", "attributes": {"italic": true}}, {"insert": " just be generating value, but I'm guessing most players will recognize the dangers of leaving it around for more than a turn or two. Good card, of course, but I think its 6 mana price tag is going to leave its pilots disappointed."}]}
{"ops": [{"insert": "The one thing I will say about Muldrotha, is even though it's integral to the deck strategy, the type of cards you'd want to play in it are cards that have good enough ETB abilities that you'd want to play them twice (or more). So I imagine that the cards will still be good cards without Muldrotha in play. It's not so commander oriented that the cards are only useful with the commander in play. They're just better with him out. Also, in general, you want to be casting them before he comes into play, which is the way it needs to be for a commander with 6 cmc."}]}
{"ops": [{"insert": "I agree wholeheartedly with most of what everyone has said previously. She definitely is a cool commander, but I believe in Sultai that there is better recursion in\n"}, {"insert": {"card-link": "Tasigur, the Golden Fang"}}, {"insert": "for all types of cards. Or if you want to ramp/draw cards a ton than\n"}, {"insert": {"card-link": "Damia, Sage of Stone"}}, {"insert": "is your commander for you. Muldrotha is just very value orientated and I believe is meant to grind out the game more. However, the kill-on-site will definitely be a thing. The ability is cool and depending on the deck it may not be as threatening. I mean I would love to build a Damia or Tasigur, X spell tribal with\n"}, {"insert": {"card-link": "Villainous Wealth"}}, {"insert": ",\n"}, {"insert": {"card-link": "Torment of Hailfire"}}, {"insert": ", and more."}]}
Skalastics avatarSkalastics 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think Muldrotha lends itself to many types of decks and strategies. Whether it’s combo, lands, aristocrats, stax or any number of other unmentioned. It provides a resilience to any axis you want to take your deck around. It can be a target sure but if you build a Muldrotha deck correctly ( just my opinion) the commander should reenforce the strategy you’ve chosen to pursue. Which I think makes her an excellent commander for the more Johnny type players.\n"}]}
Jyves avatarJyves 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I feel "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Yarok, the Desecrated"}},{"insert":" would be a better commander and keep "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Muldrotha, the Gravetide"}},{"insert":" as a \"hidden commander\" since both cards heavily rely on ETB effects.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Muldrotha, Re-Animator slow, but its flavor is too good to give up, when you have stuff like Necromancy, and Animate Dead you could always cast for cheap out of the grave to bring something big, those are always good, Also you're playing in Blue the idea of looping a creature to take extra turns is there. Muldrotha opens up a lot of possibility to be built around, but its thought process of building is always \"What is good I can bring back\" rather than, how can I bring back what I need in a cheaper and effective manner\n"}]}