Cards lose multiple categories

Frank1912 avatarFrank1912 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This bug occurs when the deck is saved, the tab is closed and you open it at a later point.\n\nIf a card was assigned to multiple categories, some of these assignments are \"forgotten\" and the card only appears in the main category. \n(e.g. an Artifact Creature to "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Artifact"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Creature"},{"insert":" or custom categories if a card has multiple affects, so e.g. \"Ramp\", \"Draw\", \"Lifegain\" and \"Counter\" for [The Great Henge])\n\nFor synergetic deckbuilding the multiple categories functionality is awesome and necessary. But since categories are forgotten, whenever you go over your deck you will have to reassign so many cards to their categories. \nI'm currently building an Asmo Commander Deck and all cards with "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Cycling, "},{"insert":"I will assign into \"Draw\" and \"Discard Outlet\" as both are essential to the deck. Archidekt might then just forget some of these categories.\n"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Sorry for the slow response on this. I've been playing around with multiple categories for a couple of weeks trying to nail down a way to reproduce what you're describing. There's definitely been some odd behavior on occasion, but nothing I've been able to reliably replicate. While I sympathize for the poor user experience, it's unfortunately really difficult for us to fix something if we can't recreate the steps that cause it. If you notice anything that tends to cause this, it may help me pin down what's going on. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out, but apologize for the inconvenience! \n"}]}
Frank1912 avatarFrank1912 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Don't worry, as a programmer I completely understand. For me the behaviour was also not very consistent. Still, a few particularities came to mind that might give you a few pointers.\noccured only for commander decks (and I tend to have huge Maybeboards too) - maybe the amount of rows or the number of categories per card have an impact"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"during the creation of a deck it happens more often than when it is finalized or only minor changes are made - maybe many changes, eached saved seperately, in a short time span causes the issue"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"the visual deck overview as well as the exportable text representation (I save them as .txt so I don't lose any work, should the error occur) are fine - so the issue lies somewhere between saving and logging out and when I access the deck the next time after logging in again"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"I keep all browser cookies currently, but it can also lead to a full browser cache occasionally"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"For me it's really hard to pinpoint too but if I can help your investigation in any way, please let me know :)\n\nAlso, while it's an annoying issue, it's a minor inconvenience in a young and otherwise really cool tool. I do appreciate the tool and your work a lot! :)\n"}]}