[Account Settings] Pre-generated categories and color tags (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This proposed feature would present users with options in their account settings to have custom-made categories and color tags preloaded into new decks. So, for instance, if you always create custom categories for \"Draw\", \"Ramp\", and \"Removal\", you could choose to have those already present in any new deck you create. Likewise for the color tags you set in the upper left-hand corner of cards in your decks. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development. \n\nEdit: Implemented on July 18, 2022 (for categories)"},{"attributes":{"header":3},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Details: "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/news/2981306/1"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/news/2981306/1"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 9/21/2022, 3:24:56 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Love this. Kinda similar to global categories in Moxfield, and I think they're nice to have for every new deck.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be great. I have over 60 commander decks built out on Archidekt (only 56 of those in paper) and having to add in the same categories every time was tedious. It would be so great to have those custom categories set at an account level.\n"}]}
waewren avatarwaewren 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I agree. This would streamline every deck build I do. \n\nMatt\n"}]}
waewren avatarwaewren 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"In the meantime, I have built a “default deck” that has all of the usual categories preloaded as well as all of the card tags I use. Because the card tags disappear from the options list if they are not applied to at least one card (is this a bug?) I also loaded up the sideboard with some cards and gave each of them one of the tags so the tags don’t disappear. Now when I start a new deck I make a copy of this deck.\n\nHere it is if you’d like to see the example (although perhaps you won’t be able to see the tags): "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2400321#Default_decklist"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2400321#Default_decklist"},{"insert":" \n"}]}
Edited 2/26/2022, 4:49:32 AM
DaShoe avatarDaShoe 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"More involved but it would also be nice if cards you had already added custom categories to would default to that custom tag in new decks\n"}]}
Scuzwheedl0r avatarScuzwheedl0r 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"YES PLEASE! I saw there was voting for improvements and this is the ONE THING that I really am sad about. Having to add cards and then make these custom categories each time, and then move cards into them, is pretty tedious for someone who builds a new deck just about every week hahaha. (I have an ongoing deck building challenge with my friends). Also if you could choose a category to add cards to as you are adding them, that would help out a lot also! Thanks for doing this survey!\n"}]}
DerekTheRed avatarDerekTheRed 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"ARCHIDEKT DEVELOPMENT TEAM AND/OR UNFATHOMABLE LIZARD GODS, WE BESEECH YOU! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!\n"}]}
Redbergh avatarRedbergh 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"THIS!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I 'm constantly brewing and this is one of those seemingly minor improvements that would save me a lot of time long term. I'd love to see it\n"}]}
leetortilla avatarleetortilla 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"It should be preloaded to the cards instead but yes account specific. I hate having to add in categories again and again for every brew. Exactly like moxfield's global tags.\n"}]}
andy avatarandy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Our initial thought is to make this a option on the deck creation menu. There will be a list of the global categories with checkboxes allowing you to select what categories will be imported on creation. That menu will also be available in the deck settings so you can import after deck creation. \n\nCreating a category in a deck will give you the option to also add it to the account wide category list. Then there will be additional options to edit and create with the Account Settings.\n"}]}
Sadrobot avatarSadrobot 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be the most generally useful thing for frequent deck builders like myself. Also, once a card in my collection has been assigned a category multiple times, the decklist could autosort into categories based on your previous assignments for that card, as that information is in there. Great site, keep up the good work, it has singlehandedly gotten me back into the game after a 10 year hiatus. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"please please PLEASE make this happen, lol. I have to do this for like, ALL of my decks and I'm quite addicted to building decks on this site.\n"}]}