[Builder] Customizable stack layout (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"With this proposed feature, the location of each stack in your deck would be fully customizable rather than auto-determined for space efficiency as it is now. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n\nUpdate: As of "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/news/2411847/1"},"insert":"Update 0.9.3.0"},{"insert":" on February 24, 2022 stacks are now ordered alphabetically. This means you can now manipulate the location of your stacks by changing their names. Number should work well for this. This isn't a complete implementation of a customizable stack layout, but it's a step closer. Please let us know what you think!"},{"attributes":{"header":3},"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 8/25/2022, 3:35:27 PM
TARDIS avatarTARDIS 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think this would be hugely helpful for organizing decks as I and others often organize cards within combos or other subgrouping\n"}]}
xylltch avatarxylltch 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be especially helpful when dealing with complex/large lists where there are many categories. A cube list for example may have categories for each archetype or color combination and when they reposition themselves as cards are added/removed it can be a pain to deal with. \n\nOne nice-to-have, related feature would be the "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"option "},{"insert":"to have stacks overflow into a horizontal scrolling region and limit the vertical depth to 1 (so the top of every stack always begins at the top of the page) rather than the default behavior. \n\n"},{"insert":{"image":"https://i.imgur.com/5AFm0mQ.png"}},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This idea has really intrigued the team. It'll take some significant work to figure out, so I wouldn't expect to see it in the immediate future, but we're definitely interested in taking a crack at it as a view option. Thank you for the suggestion! \n"}]}
amunra13 avataramunra13 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I have my collection sorted by card type, and when I am pulling for a deck, the fact that the stacks are not in a logical order causes consternation.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Would you say that what we've done by forcing the stacks to be in alphabetical order fixes this for you? Or would you want us to take this a step further somehow?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I like this idea very much.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be a wonderful change. I often find myself changing the size of my browser window until the page to changes the order of my columns to something reasonable.\n\nAside from the general convenience, the real value I see in this feature is being able to logically sort the columns. Often I have cards in columns that represents sub-category of an important mechanic of the deck. For example, I may have a column called \"Creatures\" and another column named \"Madness Creatures\". Ideally, those columns would be beside each other or at least close to each other. But with the auto-sorting there is just no telling where my columns will be next time i load the deck.\n\nThanks!\n"}]}
RomeoBlue avatarRomeoBlue 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"One possible expansion on this would be the ability to expqnd and collapse the stacks of cards, to make dragging and dropping between categories more manageable when a category contains large numbers of cards.\n"}]}
Roxolan avatarRoxolan 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"A sub-feature: the ability to merge categories by drag-and-dropping their stack, instead of having to move each card individually. (Possibly with a confirmation prompt? the undo button might be good enough.)\n"}]}
Mintkitty avatarMintkitty 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'd like being able to drag and drop categories, being able to place them so you can quickly compair without having to scroll or search. \nAlso being able to choose between either the stacking catagories or non-stacking of them would be helpful.\n\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Could you elaborate on what you mean by choosing between stacking categories and non stacking categories please, I'm not sure I'm following what you mean. \n"}]}
JESUS4LIFE avatarJESUS4LIFE 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be great. I like all of my beck in one row and the side board at the bottom instead of my sorcery section randomly in the corner.\n"}]}