[Playtester] *More* key shortcuts (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Currently, the Playtester offers a variety of key shortcuts to speed along your goldfishing. With this proposed update, we'll look into adding additional shortcuts (keybound or otherwise) for functions such as...\nadvancing the turn counter"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"pulling up your library to search for a card"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"tabbing through cards to select"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"putting a card on the bottom of your library "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"copy/create X tokens"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"add/remove counters"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"placing a card X cards down in your library"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"basic new turn functions in one keystroke (advance turn counter, untap all, draw)"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\n... and others suggested here. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n\nMuch of this has been implemented with our "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/news/3417345/1"},"insert":"Playtester overhaul"},{"insert":", released in October 2022."},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 10/20/2022, 4:54:22 PM
wafflesoup avatarwafflesoup 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Having a Move to bottom of Library shortcut would be very helpful \n"}]}
Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Good call! Added to the list above. \n"}]}
TunsAXP avatarTunsAXP 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"i like this idea if i have any suggestions i will let you know \nWould it be to much to put in AI's so you can properly test your deck?\n"}]}
Edited 4/4/2022, 2:09:41 AM
{"ops":[{"insert":"As cool as this would be, there are a few reasons why this will never happen (and is arguably not possible)\n\n1) This would teeter on the edge of stepping on wotc's toes in regards to arena. We never intended the playtester to be anything more than a fishbowling tool. Building a client for users to play actual magic doesn't feel to me like something wotc would take too kindly to, and I wouldn't want to test the waters there to find out.\n\n2) This is arguably impossible. MTG is actually one of the hardest game states to write an AI for due to the potential of infinite board states, infinite combos, and more. To my knowledge it's never been fully realized, not even by wotc themselves. This may have changed since I last read about it, but not even arena has a proper AI. The tutorial AI that you play against only can work because the whole thing is scripted. The AI knows what you can draw, what it can draw, and is playing for a very short time so as to be sure, it never reaches a board state that the AI struggles to make decisions. \n\nIf you're interested in AI development at all, I suggest reading up on it in regards to MTG because it seriously is a fascinating subject. \n\nThat said, there are very few things that I say \"we will absolutely 100% never do on archidekt\", but this is as close as it gets. Don't get me wrong, I'd "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"love"},{"insert":" to write an AI for MTG, but we are neither qualified nor have the resources to throw at a project of that scale to even attempt it. \n\nStill a really freaking cool idea though!\n"}]}
Vlasiax avatarVlasiax 24 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Could you make it so ONE key shortcut ends turn, which would combine:\n• Advancing turn count\n• Untap all cards\n• Draw step\nIt would be quite convenient because now we have to use 2 keys to untap and draw a card, plus manually ticking up the turn count.\nAlso shortcuts for counters are something I really look forward to :D\n"}]}
JESUS4LIFE avatarJESUS4LIFE 23 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Can you please make it so that when exiling cards from your library you do not have to move your mouse of and back to exile another card. This would make cascade much faster.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"How about Z or command-Z to undo the last action? Sometimes I hit Y when I mean to hit U :)\n"}]}