[Builder] Collection quantity/availability tracker (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Currently, cards that you own in your collection are marked as follows in the deckbuilder: Cards you own an exact copy of have a green stripe in the upper left-hand corner while cards you own a different version of have a blue stripe. With this suggested feature, an element in the deckbuilder UI would also indicate to you how many copies of the card you own and/or how many are available (i.e., not being tied up in other decks). This could take the form of a tooltip when hovering over the green/blue stripe or different color stripes. Suggestions to that end are welcome.\n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n\nEdit 8/14/23: We've recently exhaustively looked into this and, unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible due to database limitations (specifically query times). We're going to be archiving this post for now, but we'd like to keep the info around for the future in case anything changes or a different way of pulling out the data is found. Our apologies for the disappointment! "},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 9/5/2023, 8:50:20 PM
Zelthra avatarZelthra 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Today I've tried at least a dozen different websites and desktop programs that would be apt to make a progression series (like the yu-gi-oh one) and none of them are even close to having the ability to do so. Archidekt is really close to being able to do that, and all it needs is this feature. And as others have said this feature would have other uses too. I think y'all should really consider it.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Jumping on this thread to say this feature is one of the few keeping me from completely deactivating my subscription to another site which offers this function, in favor of using Archidekt exclusively for collection tracking and deck building. That other site allows the user to hover over a card in the deck builder tool, and see the number and printings of that card in their collection. It also changes the color of the card quantity in the deck builder when you don't have enough copies of that card in your inventory. \n\nIt sounds like there are performance concerns around implementing something like the above. As a compromise, would it be possible to update the \"buy cards\" tool with an option that checks the number of cards in your inventory? Currently, users can build a \"buy list\" and filter by \"Collection (including/excluding maybeboard)\". From there they have the option to exclude cards in their collection based on \"Different Printing Owned\" or \"Already Own Exact Printing\". However, neither of these options consider the quantity of cards in your inventory, just the printing. Can the \"Collection\" option under the \"buy cards\" tool be updated to ask "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Cares About Printing/Don't Care About Printing "},{"insert":"and whether the user wants to "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Include Owned Cards/Exclude Owned Cards? "},{"insert":"That way users can still build a buy list reflecting their printing preferences and without needing them to cross-reference their collection against the quantity of cards in the deck.\n\nSay I have 1 copy of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Ice Age "},{"insert":"and 1 copy of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Secret Lair "},{"insert":"in my collection, and 4 copies of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Secret Lair "},{"insert":"in my deck. I click \"buy cards\" and then \"Collection (including/excluding maybeboard\". I'm given the option to choose "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Care About Printing OR Don't Care About Printing "},{"insert":"and "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Include Owned Cards OR Exclude Owned Cards. "},{"insert":"Based on my choices, this is what the buy list would look like:\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Care About Printing/Include Owned Cards: "},{"insert":"Buy list has 3 copies of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Secret Lair"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Care About Printing/Exclude Owned Cards: "},{"insert":"Buy list has 4 copies of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Secret Lair"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Don't Care About Printing/Include Owned Cards: "},{"insert":"Buy list has 2 copies of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"any printing"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Don't Care About Printing/Exclude Owned Cards: "},{"insert":"Buy list has 4 copies of "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Dark Ritual "},{"insert":"from "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"any printing"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"}]}