[Builder] Deck price optimization (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"With this proposed feature, users will be able to have every card in their deck changed to its cheapest printing with their preferred vendor. Notably, this optimization process would take several moments to complete. \n\nIn addition to price optimization, we can add other \"mass edit\" options such as buttons to make every card in your deck non-foil, every card in your deck it's most expensive version (a \"bling\" button, if you will), etc. Prices for these versions could also be displayed without needing to actually change the cards in your deck.\n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n\nThis feature has been added as of "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/news/3289648/1"},"insert":"September 21, 2022"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 9/23/2022, 4:07:33 PM
Pantscycle avatarPantscycle 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think this feature would be really helpful if your thinking about making a deck to purchase and you don't want to go searching through all the prices and prints of a card to make your deck more affordable. I would really love this feature!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would help a lot with building budget decks when you care about the price reflecting the cheapest version when you own a more expensive version. Maybe also have it able to show the cheapest price of the card while still having your preferred version in your deck list. \n"}]}
Benji avatarBenji 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Normally when adding cards, I look up the individual card from all sets and sort by price ascending. I play commander and changing every printing to the cheapest is really annoying when transfering my maybeboard list to another deck. There are so many staples and cuts that happen when making a deck so moving them from my main deck to my maybe deck while preserving the printing is really difficult. Even then, cards change price all the time so it's often that a card probably isn't the cheapest printing anymore.\n\nIn terms of implementations if we do add the button to fix printings, I hope they also allow us to prevent cards with the \"Have\" color tag or any specified tags to be changed along with cards in our collections. I also want to be able to look at others' decks with cheapest printings as well so that we don't need to create a copy of it and then hit a button, but I would put that second after the button prior is added.\n"}]}
Mirunog avatarMirunog 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be very nice.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be great for making purchases directly from the site.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'd love this option. \n\nSimilarly, I would also like to see the ability to check the price of a deck minus cards I already own (like you can hover over a price and see \"Cost without basic lands\"). Unless that's already a thing and I'm just missing it?\n"}]}
joeylrios avatarjoeylrios 20 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Just to echo and reinforce the previous replies... this would be a great feature. My main use case is to know if my deck is still \"budget\" even if I decide to, say, put in a fancy Sol Ring or something. Very hard to tell the minimum value of the deck when a play group cares about that.\n"}]}