How large a collection can Archidekt handle?

bamboori avatarbamboori 20 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello!\nA while ago, I tried entering my collection into Archidekt, but gave up after a few hundred to thousand entries because it was getting too unresponsive.\nI've since heard from others that performance is much better now, and saw some recent threads regarding collection performance improvement, which is great! :)\n\nDo you have a rough estimate of how many cards the collection manager can handle by now?\nI'm looking to enter cards in the tens of thousands.\n"}]}
Edited 8/24/2022, 1:34:22 PM
Jeremy avatarJeremy 20 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi, I apologize for the slow response! \n\nWe "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"should"},{"insert":" be able to handle Collections in the tens of thousands now. You may have tried back before we removed the column that tracks what decks your cards are in (this was maybe a couple months ago). We hope to reimplement it in some form eventually, but for now, it was an absolutely massive improvement to performance that we couldn't justify "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"not"},{"insert":" taking. \n\nThat said, we're in the very early stages of planning a significant Collection update for later this year. Collaborative Deckbuilding is first on the agenda, but then either the Playtester or Collection are up for a fresh coat of paint. At that point, I'll be even more confident in its ability to handle large collections. Even so, anything you upload now will of course be maintained after that update, so no worries there. \n\nPlease let me know if you have any further questions!\n"}]}
bamboori avatarbamboori 20 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey, thanks for the response :)\n\nThat's great to hear!\nAs a suggestion, could you not cache the related decks for a card as a static array/string/whatever and update it when you save a deck?\n"}]}