budget decks

whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 4 years
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":" does anyone have any ideas for (relatively ) competitive $10 commander decks. thanks"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 1/19/2020, 12:48:43 AM
DaveLists avatarDaveLists 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"$10 is barely enough to buy the basics for a commander deck, dude. You'd need to be running no card over 10 cents, including your commander, so you're basically limited to literal chaff and bulk jank.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"i know, but i challenged my friends and i want to see what happens (also basic lands don't count s o each card can be an average of $0.15 (63cards/$10)) and you'd be surprised how cheap some things are(scryfall prices)\n"}]}
Edited 1/26/2020, 12:53:50 AM
Ginger972 avatarGinger972 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Consulatation combo? maybe mindcrank duskmantle combo?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"thanks\n\n"}]}
JKade713 avatarJKade713 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"You're better off building Commander decks on a budget of $25-$50, watching The Command Quarters is a great tool for building focused budget decks\n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I know, but $10 is a challenge which I want to try.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Borborygmos Enraged = $2 EDH deck... 1 commander... 99 lands. Of course you can stretch you can use those other $8 for ramp, lol. Or you could just add Praetor's Counsel and wheel your lands.\n"}]}
Edited 6/18/2020, 3:44:21 PM
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"don't you think 8 mana is a lot for a commander???\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"@fenrisworldsbane you are a mad genius. I don't remember the last time a deck suggestion made me grin like this. \nThis deck could use Groundskeeper to get lands from the yard back in hand. Turntimber Sower does the same thing with added value of making tokens off Borborygmos' discard. Both of Scaretiller's abilities are useful in this deck. With enough lands in the yard Ruination Rioter could be an interesting little bomb on your board.\n"}]}