Mono Purple needs more Purple

vonDynoboot avatarvonDynoboot 15 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've been working on a deck since Innistrad Double Feature came out. The commander is Ayara, First of Locthwain, making it Mono Black but the joke between me and my friends is that it's a "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2324979#Purple_Brains"},"insert":"Mono Purple Deck"},{"insert":". However, 27 cards miss the color purple. I'd like some help in finding the very best purple cards.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"A few pointers"},{"insert":"\n\nLooking for cards with purple in the art or in the frame."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Don't be too strict with what counts as purple. Purple smoke, purple sky, bright magenta something, it still counts."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"On the deck page, the collumns that start with \"No Purple\" are all cards that shouldn't be in the deck based on color. However, the lists \"No Purple Nice Frame\" should be the last to be removed. Gravecrawler should stay as well."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Jank is okay."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"No old artifacts with the brown frame. They clash with purple."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nThanks in advance for taking a look and maybe sharing some ideas!\n"}]}
Endlessor avatarEndlessor 15 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would like to help more than I'm about to do (but about to go to bed). I will maybe comeback with more suggestions.\n\nYou can try to serach for \"MTG black cards with purple in art\" in Google image. There is a crop function in google image where you can select a part of the image and AI will come up with other similar images than what is in the section you cropped.\n\nI had a Vilis deck ( https://archidekt.com/decks/789061#Vilis,_Life_Swinger ) where I had 90% of the cards with purple in art at some point. The deck still have some of them but no longer lean heaviliy on the purple theme. What I did is serach gatherer for black cards and just add them in Archidekt for the one with purple in art. Kind of a long process. But, I like to have lot of cards possibilities in Archidect, it helps getting a big picture for theme and synergies. \n\nI think you could do somethig similar than my Vilis strategy with Arya. Strategy being playing with life swign. Example you have Tainted Remedy and Soul Conduit and switch two opponents life total, they will both lose life. Or take Blood Celebrant or Doom Whisperer or Hex Parasite to bring your life to low, then activate Soul Conduit (If you have Vito in play...even better). Deck need to have ways to gain huge amount of life tho to recover if you drain yourself. Exsanguinate or Shadowspear on a big creature for lifegain. I don't remember the other cards I had back then. I know that at one point I had Liliana's Contract and couple demons with purple in art (but was not enough demons to make Liliana's Contract wincon pop off, so I changed the deck.)\n\nI would say, if you reply and ask for more card suggestions I will be happy to do so. There is a bunch of black cads with purple in the art. I think it is feasible to figure a budget deck that is not to janky. You can even add me as a collaborator if you want on your deck.\n"}]}
Edited 1/12/2023, 5:18:10 AM
vonDynoboot avatarvonDynoboot 15 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I like the google suggestion, I did not expect that to work, and it does only seem to work half. Scryfall has some tags that kind of work, but it's not the best results. There's 11 different tags for purple for some reason.\n"}]}