EDH Commanders

Max_Gamer avatarMax_Gamer 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I am looking into playing Commander but I don't know any good commanders to build around. I'm trying to build a Commander deck with a lot of tokens.\n"}]}
Edited 4/1/2020, 5:39:14 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"I suppose I would start with a legendary that has a strong tribal affinity for a first deck. Boosting knights, sacrificing goblins, etc. Then build a deck around that which creates the tokens. Generally how I build (when I have a specific commander in mind) is pull out every card that even looks like it will work with it. You may end up with 200+ cards doing this, but now you can start grouping like minded cards together and find a fun theme for your deck. Once you have your theme, it's a lot easier to narrow down the selection (and add a few back).\n\nI started with Melek, Izzet Paragon thinking I'd make a tap and bounce deck. Turns out it's a lot more fun to temp steal creatures then Fling them back at people.\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/478892#Thanks_but_No_Thanks"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/478892#Thanks_but_No_Thanks"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Max_Gamer avatarMax_Gamer 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks, I looked into some good EDH tribal creature themes and I'm thinking about a "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ghave, Guru of Spores"}},{"insert":" deck having creatures that get +1/+1 counters.\n"}]}
Edited 4/1/2020, 7:57:10 PM
Chaos13 avatarChaos13 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"My token deck is based around "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Rhys the Redeemed"}},{"insert":" can double tokens and create some of his own, and has access to white and green for cards like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Parallel Lives"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Anointed Procession"}},{"insert":" , definitely my favorite choice\n"}]}
Chaos13 avatarChaos13 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Sry in addition this is also a good tribal deck as I run it as a elf ball deck that can create many elves then buff them all fairly quickly :)\n"}]}