Some UX feedback

Sekt avatarSekt 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Firstly, great job on setting up a deck building site that doesn't feel like it's from 2006! I've just jumped in and there are a few little things I've noticed that could maybe be improved a little (and I'll post more as I find them).\n\nThere's no forum navigation on thread pages (that I can find). How do I get back to the 'Development' forum from a thread, without clicking the back button?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The dimming of the page when using the card search bar (or the deck stats) is a bit extreme, initially I thought there was a weird bug that was blacking it out completely."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The card search icon in the top left corner isn't very intuitive. It looks like a menu icon, so maybe changing the hamburger to a card could work better?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"When opening the card search menu, it would be extremely useful if the text box was immediately active and any existing text in there was selected. That would allow for faster searching for cards, without having the select the text of the previous card searched."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Is there a way for new categories to function like a Maybeboard, and not be added to the card count of the main deck?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"It's a bit weird that when importing a deck list, some cards are imported as foils by default."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The initial edit pop-up displays the deck name in faded text in the box where you can paste an existing deck list. It's not obvious that that's the main deck list box, so maybe replace the deck name with 'Add your deck here...' or something, and default that text box to a slightly larger size?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"There's quite a big gap between the deck list and the description box, looks a bit weird!"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The top bar with the deck name and functions seems a bit large, and puts most of the deck list below the fold. The breathing space at the top of the page is nice, but it also feels like a lot of wasted space."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The top right deck stats icon seems out of place. There's already a stats button in the section above the deck list, and everything else in that bar is navigation related."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Each time I go back to a deck, it defaults to the image view. Can you have it remember my preference if I switch to the text view?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The various menu locations on the deck building page feel a bit messy. Why are some things up top while others are in the bottom menu? Why are there two price buttons? "},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"There's a 'card colour tags' option in the settings but I can't see how to apply that to cards?"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nThey're all pretty minor things, and the site overall seems great, so thanks! I wouldn't bother offering feedback if I wasn't impressed by what you've put together, so I hope you don't mind!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"There are a lot of good thoughts in here. To add onto the point regarding the forum UI, it would also be exceedingly helpful if the original post in a thread would appear when responding to it. This would allow users to better reference the OP (like I'm trying to do now). But yes, being able to navigate back to the subforum with a button would be appreciated.\n\nRegarding your final point, the color tags can be modified by clicking on the grey (by default) tab in the upper left-hand corner of cards. I use this primarily to mark what cards I already own in a brew, which I'm purchasing, which I'm planning on swiping from my brother, etc. But honestly, it can be used for just about anything. It's one of my favorite features. That being said, if you're using text view, I'm not sure how relevant it'll be for you. I was just trying it out and you are able to change the tab colors by hovering over the card name and then clicking on the tab on the pop-up card, but it's probably just easier to switch over to image view and set it there. \n"}]}
nv77 avatarnv77 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I agree with #3 so much, it took me two days to realize that's how you are supposed to add cards.\n\nAlways used the edit button at the bottom, which leads me to my UI request, which is:\n\n- Please add the save button (probably a second copy) to the top as well. \n\nAs when editing a commander deck the button is completely out of sight (on pc) and have lost several changes by clicking outside of the pop-out goes back to the deck without saving.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey there, \n\nThanks for taking the time to write all this stuff out, we really appreciate it. I saw this a few days ago but didn't have the time to sit down and really break down some of the stuff that you've listed out. I'm gonna list out some thoughts here, though I'm not going to touch on everything here. Just assume that if I don't mention something, we dig your idea and we're probably going to be putting pen to paper and see if we can't get something like you recommend implemented. \n\n2) The dimming is currently done by a library we're using and probably won't be able to be changed super easily, so it'll probably stay for a bit. That said, if you're looking to edit your deck while adding cards, I use the lock icon on the side of the side panel which makes it a bit nicer (for me anyways) to brew. This way I can interact with search and with the deck.\n5) We've talked about this a few times. Having the ability to mark any given category as \"not actually in the deck\" would be super useful. Unfortunately, the way that the system is currently built would make this a chore to implement. We really like this idea, it's just gonna take a bit of time to do and we think there're other stuff that would be beneficial to more people that we'd like to work on first. In short- we'd love to do this, just gotta find time to do so. \n6) Currently the import feature just imports whatever is the most recent printing (I think? I'd need to double check), and if that happens to be a printing that was a foil only printing, that'd be why. We've considered making it choose the lowest price edition of a card, but again due to the way the system is built it's just easier to grab the most recent.\n10) I like this in theory, because I very much understand what you're getting at. Though to me, opening a side menu is almost always tied to those top drawer menus. You do make a very good point though; that being everything else up there is navigation based, and that it might not make sense to have deck stuff up there. This one will require more thought.\n12) I bring this one up even though we have to do something about this lol. I can't even tell you how many times we've been told that having 2 bars (at the top and bottom of the editor) is just so dumb, and I so very much agree. Here's the thing, we feel putting all of them on the bottom bar would be just too many icons down there. We're trying to show as much functionality as we can without too many sub menus and also without overwhelming users with 1000 buttons ala Microsoft Word. Not to mention mobile, where we already have 3 bars that you can swipe across already get's us in trouble for people who don't know where the buttons are already. This one has been many a conversation between the developers (and our playgroup lol). If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Until we figure out a way to make it better than it is now it'll probably stay that way. (Though to be honest, there're surely a ton of ways, so hopefully this can be done sooner rather than later).\n13) As mentioned by @Jeremy (thanks bud)\n\nI really want to thank you again for taking the time to write this out, and apologize for not writing back sooner. We've been working to bring some cool new features which have taken quite a bit of time, so now we plan to jump back onto a lot of the smaller bugs that have come up since our user base has grown. If you have any more feedback, requests, or find any bugs please feel free to hit us up! We love hearing about stuff we can make better.\n\nThanks again,\nMichael\n"}]}
Sekt avatarSekt 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for the reply Michael! Appreciate that it's a lot of work to not only keep a site like this running, but to continuously improve it as well. Glad to hear things are being worked on, and I look forward to watching it evolve (I've already noticed a few little improvements). Keep up the great work!\n"}]}