What do you think of this deck?

Sacrapro avatarSacrapro 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5019467/infect_dimir_aggro\nBuilt aggro infext for modern competative and wanted to get some oppinions\n"}]}
puppy528 avatarpuppy528 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Personal opinion; those \"comes into play tapped "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"and"},{"insert":" you still have to bounce a land, too\" lands like Dimir Aquaduct are some of the worst lands ever printed. They don't even give you good tempo; you play one on turn two, instead of playing a two-drop, then on turn 3, you replay your first land, meaning you still only have 3 mana available (and that's only if your other land that wasn't one of the Jwar Refuges). Just play more EtB tapped-lands liked Choked Estuary if you're trying to stay on a budget. That's just my personal bias against them, unless you have a good reason for bouncing your other lands.\n\nAs for the rest of the deck, I'm not certain why you run so many 2-of's, rather than keeping it a more focused, reliable deck. I am a fan of your Hand of the Praetor, Surgical Extraction, and even Phyrexian Crusader, but not so much the Grim Affliction (can sometimes be a dead card in your hand) or your choice of artifact creatures. Personally, I'd go with more evasive creatures like 2 more Blighted Agents and maybe some equipment to pump them with, but even something like Blightbelly Rats or Bilious Skulldweller would be an improvement. If you are just set on having artifact infect creatures, tho, consider switching out the both the signets and the Necropedes for some Plague Myrs; you don't need the color-fixing all that much (only one creature has even a double-mana cost), and the Myrs are a much better two-drop 1/1 than the Necropedes. Also, their mana-accel will make a much better argument for keeping Viral Drake, as its proliferate ability can then become a reusable finisher, tho 4 mana is still a lot to pay for a 1-power creature. Blackcleave Goblin also doesn't seem to be worth its cmc in this deck, considering it has no evasion and only 2 power. I understand the point of Artful Dodge, and at least it does flash back, but with more inherently-evasive creatures, you can cut it in favor of actual removal or something like Contentious Plan (has the same risks of uselessness as Grim Affliction, but at least it always replaces itself in a pinch, and can be cast when they have no creatures).\n\nHere's what I, personally, would consider doing to this deck, that still tries to go for the same feel as your original version:\n4x Blighted Agent\n4x Plague Myr\n4x Plague Stinger\n4x Hand of the Praetors\n4x Phyrexian Crusader\n2x Viral Drake\n4x Bonesplitter\n4x Surgical Extraction\n4x Counterspell (or Eliminate, Contentious Plan, etc)\n4x Prologue to Phyresis\n--\n4x Fetid Pools\n2x Choked Estuary\n8x Swamp\n8x Island\n\nEdit: fixed some typos on cardnames\n"}]}
Edited 7/30/2023, 10:01:15 AM
Sacrapro avatarSacrapro 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I made some changes to the deck, let me know what you think and if it will would play well\n"}]}
Edited 7/31/2023, 1:02:15 AM