[Builder] Custom format legality options

Jeremy avatarJeremy 8 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Currently, setting your deck format to Custom precludes all legality checks. While some users use this as a way to build commander decks with Un-/acorn cards, the drawback is not being able to perform legality checks for other characteristics like deck count or color identity. \n\nWith this update, users would be able to toggle on legality checks for the deck characteristics they want while brewing within the Custom format. \n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Perhaps allow users to define a freeform legality list and share it, even with other users?\n"}]}
DrekiWorks avatarDrekiWorks 8 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Generally speaking, customization is arguably a good thing\n"}]}
FoxifyVT avatarFoxifyVT 20 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Could allow for the creation of custom formats and provide a Scryfall-style search that automatically applies on any search. For example, a format I made for my friends and me uses legacy cards only under $1. So, a custom search (including the current bans), could look like this:\nusd<1 -name:\"Sol Ring\" -name:\"The Beamtown Bullies\" -name:\"Dubious Challenge\" legal:legacy\n\nOr also allowing for a custom banlist so you don't have to -name. Identity could still be checked via the \"Set as commander\" option as well, for formats similar to that.\n"}]}