Show which deck a card you own is in

Wolfe114 avatarWolfe114 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"so, I was working on a deck, and I added Burgeoning, and it said I owned it and I went and looked for it and didn't see it, but i had forgotten it was in one of my other decks, now I realize this is my fault,but still it would be nice to be able to find out if a card is in another deck \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"As in show in your collection what deck a card is in? I could get behind that. Another thing we wanted to do was show on individual card pages if it's being played in any decks you own as well. Either way I think this is a great idea! I'll add this extra stuff to the other ticket in our backlog.\n\nThanks so much for the suggestion!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I second this recommendation. Having another table column in the collection table that lists the decks (and hyperlinks to) the decks that are using this card would be super helpful, especially for us EDH fanatics that like to use a single card in multiple decks, as this functionality will also double-up as a list containing all decks we're using a single card in. The only caveat I can predict here is that the collection (quite rightly) denotes the version of the card, so if you have multiple copies of a card in multiple sets, it will only show the decks that are using that precise print. The workaround here is to list all versions of that card in your collection as the same set, but you know which versions you have in your collection anyway.\n\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I third this recommendation. This is crucial as deck amounts grow. Being able to click on a card to check if you have it in all your decks (for example, Do I have a Sol Ring in all my commander decks?) and being able to pinpoint which deck does and does not have a card would be PERFECT. \n"}]}
Wildcard avatarWildcard 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I maintain a staples binder so I don't need to own 10 copies of Cyclonic Rift or run to the printers to proxy a new one whenever i decide to build a blue deck. Right now I have to manually maintain a spreadsheet mapping each card to a slot in the binder and each deck has a list of the staples it requires.\n\nThe staples binder generally only contains cards in it that are shared across multiple decks, so while a card like Teferi's Protection might be an actual staple, if I've only got one white deck in rotation recently, it probably would just sit in the deck box with the rest of the cards that are specific to that white deck so that i don't have to grab it from the binder and put it back later.\n\nThe issue here is I like to use Archidekt to brew, I like the interface and the edhrec data, so when I brew a new deck, and I go put Teferi's protection in it, now suddenly that card should get a slot in the binder so that i can remember to put it back in the binder when I'm done playing with it so that if i switch back to the old deck it's not missing and i have to go searching for it.\n\nThis is where Archidekt's \"Collection\" feature has been feeling a bit lacking. I have started tagging cards in my decks with \"Staple\" so i know it's a card in other decks, but really, if I could just go to my collection, and sort by number of decks each card appears in, after i finish editing or building any decks, i could just grab that list and compare it to the binder. Deckbox does have this at least, but I don't like their deck building interface as much as Archidekt's and it doesn't have the edhrec data and doesn't support oathbreaker as a format yet.\n\nThen there is the \"Card Page\" itself, where I have two comments: \nFirst off, the \"Collection\" section, specifically \"You own a different printing of this card./ Add Printing\" Why on earth is the only option \"Add Printing\"? more often than not, I don't want to add a printing, but i either imported a list from another deckbuilding site like deckbox or deckstats or tappedout and it didn't have the same setcode format so the card is not the right printing in my collection, but I would like to CHANGE this card in the current deck i'm editing to be the printing I ACTUALLY own."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"You have an \"Add to deck\" section, this should absolutely link to all my decks that already have this card first and foremost, clicking the dropdown and then scrolling through dozens of decks to look for (in deck) at the end of the deckname is not a good UX."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\t\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Wait... the card page DOES show you which decks a card is in already? Was this recently added or has it always been there? I'm referring to the \"add to deck\" drop down menu that shows all your decks and displays a (in deck) for every deck that it's in. If that's always been there then I apologize for not noticing it, but I'm glad the functionality is there regardless! \n"}]}