deck help

whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Please help me make cuts/trim this deck. I need 63 non-lands. "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/571318#$100_Prossh"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/571318#$100_Prossh"},{"insert":" \nI know I still need to add all of the lands, but I will do that after I finalize the decklist.\n\nthanks in advance\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would start by cutting some of the planeswalkers. You really don't need those as much in this deck. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Verdant Force"}},{"insert":" is too much mana for what it does imo. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Underworld Connections"}},{"insert":" is meh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"From Beyond"}},{"insert":" is meh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Squee, the Immortal"}},{"insert":" is meh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sifter of Skulls"}},{"insert":" is meh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Reassembling Skeleton"}},{"insert":" is meh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Noosegraf Mob"}},{"insert":" is too much mana for little payoff. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Genesis"}},{"insert":" is kinda out of place here. Same with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Anger"}},{"insert":". Same with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Final Parting"}},{"insert":" (I don't think you care that much about having specific creatures in your graveyard). You don't really need "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Carrion Feeder"}},{"insert":" as it's a meh sac outlet and you have a great one in the command zone. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Izoni, Thousand-Eyed"}},{"insert":" isn't going to be that strong here imo.\n\nHope this helps!\n"}]}
Edited 5/23/2020, 3:21:17 AM
{"ops":[{"insert":"you are right that genesis shouldn't be here, it's just a pet card. I think that it's worth keeping in most of the token generators, why do you think I should take them out? \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"All of the planeswalkers are good. they are all draw/ramp/removal/token generators/pump my creatures which the deck needs.\n I'll start by cutting Chandra for now (even though she is a token generator).\n"}]}
Edited 5/24/2020, 3:26:42 AM
Summoneer235 avatarSummoneer235 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I don't wanna be controversial or anything, but I think you keep "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Carrion Feeder"}},{"insert":" , it's a fantastic one drop that can be a decent replacement for your commander if he's hated off the field (like he will be), it also keeps you mana curve down and allows you to have plays in the early game that help set up for what you do later on. Just so you know, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pitiless Plunderer"}},{"insert":" is a powerhouse in sacrifice decks, so if you EVER have a tutor, probably find the Plunderer with it. I can see that you have a sort of reanimation package in here with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Whisper, Blood Liturgist"}},{"insert":" , and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Animate Dead"}},{"insert":" , and other such cards. You also seem to have two other little archetypes with hasty big boi tokens and also the sacrifice theme. I would probably cut the reanimation set so that your deck knows what it's doing a bit more and gives you more cards to work with in other catagories. I don't think I'd keep "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder"}},{"insert":" either, he's pretty clunky, and I know it's budget but there are still better cards, and you don't really need it there anyway. Just so you know, I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything like that, these are just my opinions and you can take'em with however much salt you want.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"No harm no foul! But I think it's quite a stretch to call the feeder a 'replacement commander'. I mean with no evasion, and no commander damage, 9 times out of 10 it's going to be little more than an additional sac outlet. Which isn't bad, of course, but there are just a lot of sac outlets that will do so much more. \n\nThe deck does seem to be going for some kind of reanimation sub-theme, however a lot of those cards seem clunky here, and I personally think it should just lean even more into the token/sacrifice theme :p \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think that it's worth keeping in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder"}},{"insert":" . he's a  token generators, why do you think I should take him out? \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"thanks for the advice to tutor the "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pitiless Plunderer"}},{"insert":",. I don't have any experience with this kind of deck so the suggestion is especially helpful. \n\n\n thanks:)\n\n"}]}
Summoneer235 avatarSummoneer235 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I sorta tried to organize the deck into subcatagories to help you out in your decision making, I noticed you still had a couple reanimation cards running around and stuff, just to let you know.\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/575093#Copy_of_-_$100_Prossh"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/575093#Copy_of_-_$100_Prossh"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"so....what do you think should stay/go?\n"}]}
Darthagniac avatarDarthagniac 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Whirlpool !\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Planeswalker !"},{"insert":"\nI'll start by cutting "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ob Nixilis Reignited"}},{"insert":" or replacing him with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Liliana, Dreadhorde General"}},{"insert":", as she's focussing on creating tokens and drawing because they die.\nMaybe cutting "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk, Primal Hunter"}},{"insert":" too as its mana cost include a lot of green manas. He might be tough to play in the early game.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Creatures !"},{"insert":"\nIn order to boost your creatures, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest"}},{"insert":" does a great job. You can cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Izoni, Thousand-Eyed"}},{"insert":" to add him.\nIf you want the draw ability from "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Izoni, Thousand-Eyed"}},{"insert":", you can consider "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Vraska, Golgari Queen"}},{"insert":".\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Terastodon"}},{"insert":" is an 8 CMC creature, too much for me.\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Squee, the Immortal"}},{"insert":" can be cut I guess... I don't think you'll cast him that much, as many other effects provide you a bunch of token each turn.\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Solemn Simulacrum"}},{"insert":" I get it, but why not put "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Gilded Goose"}},{"insert":" ? Sure when you kill the goose, you'll not draw, but you can ramp from the very beginning and add sacrifice ;)\nYou can change "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sifter of Skulls"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pawn of Ulamog"}},{"insert":", less restrictive for the ability and 1 mana less.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Instants & Sorceries !"},{"insert":"\nInstead of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Diabolic Tutor"}},{"insert":" , maybe "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Diabolic Intent"}},{"insert":".\nI'll cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Final Parting"}},{"insert":", because you already have 2 ways to search your library with your current sorceries.\nI'll replace "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Syphon Mind"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Deathsprout"}},{"insert":" just to be able to go find a land.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Enchantments !"},{"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Perilous Forays"}},{"insert":" can be cut. In fact, let's say you play it and use its ability 3 times --> You sacrificed 3 creatures and spent a total of 8 manas to get 3 tapped lands. it doesn't look worth to me.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Lands !"},{"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Field of the Dead"}},{"insert":" everyday :D\n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"thanks!!!!\nmost of your suggestions are really good-but the entire deck has to be $100 max and I don't feel comfortable putting in $10/$20 cards.\nwhy do you think ob nixilis is bad, he's removal, draw, and can be a win con?\nsquee also seems to be good because you can sac him over and over agin.\nperilous forays- more lands=good. so why cut it?\n\n"}]}
Edited 5/27/2020, 12:08:21 AM
Derbyshire avatarDerbyshire 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"In my opinion, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pernicious Deed"}},{"insert":" never does as much as you want it to unless you are recurring it (with muldrotha), and that would bring the price down some. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Underworld Connections"}},{"insert":" seems really slow to me. I would rather run something like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Altar's Reap"}},{"insert":" or its twin from ixalan, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Costly Plunder"}},{"insert":". When I want to draw cards, I want to fill my hand fast. I am not a huge fan of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Solemn Simulacrum"}},{"insert":", as that four mana is just a little higher than I like my ramp to be, and if you are taking out most of your recursion than you will not get your value from him.\n\nIf you are really worried about cost, I would cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Zendikar Resurgent"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pir's Whim"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bedevil"}},{"insert":", but those are all good cards that you can make use of in this deck, and you seem to have plenty of removal.\n\nJust my two cents. Hope it all works out for you!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"thanks!!!\nI'll cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pernicious Deed"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Zendikar Resurgent"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pir's Whim"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bedevil"}},{"insert":".\nHowever, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Underworld Connections"}},{"insert":"  is really good. It's repeatable draw ever turn why I will leave it in.\nI also think that "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Solemn Simulacrum"}},{"insert":" is worth the mana, it's really good!!! \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"now I have $7ish to add in one card+non-basics, what do you think I should add (preferably under$1)?\n"}]}
_Strong_Man_ avatar_Strong_Man_ 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"add in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Food Chain"}},{"insert":" it goes infinite\n"}]}
Edited 5/29/2020, 8:12:31 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you all SO MUCH for helping me. here is the final decklist (without basics) "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/593705#$99.81_Prossh_(scryfall_prices)_(6/4/20)"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/593705#$99.81_Prossh_(scryfall_prices)_(6/4/20)"},{"insert":"\n"}]}