Could it work to combine enchantress ramp & draw with lifegain angels?

Killaknut avatarKillaknut 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Dear all, \n\ncurrently I am trying to build a legacy deck to compete at my local fantasy store. Last week I got tabled four times in a row in turns three and four by tapping/untapping elves + craterhoof or some 20/20 indestructable flying land. This I did not expect (quasi-noob speaking). \n\nThus I am currently trying to transform my ragtag green-white into an enchantress + angels deck: it should resist those hefty onslaughts, using Elephant Grass and Authority of Consuls (maybe Solitary Confinement too?) plus removals for the opponents' respective combo pieces. Also, I would like to keep it relatively cheap (no Serra's Sanctum, not 3 x Argothian Enchantress ..)\n\nWin-Cons: \nDestiny Spinner"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Enchantment/lifegain loops which create angel tokens"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nIn the maybeboard I put some cards which might be interesting for their potential synergy with this deck..\nA aideboard will follow soon.\n\nIf you'd suggest cuts, recommend cutting, replacing or including other spells and even win-cons, see glaring mistakes or just don't see the deck working in principle, I'd be very glad about advice!\n\nDeck link: "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5354936/enchantress_angels"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5354936/enchantress_angels"},{"insert":"\n\nCheers,\nJan\n\n \n"}]}
Edited 9/19/2023, 12:03:44 AM
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Disclaimer: I don't play Legacy. That said, I love building decks and there are some principles that hold true for every format.\n\nI goldfished your deck several times. Nevermind win cons, your deck doesn't consistently present a threat in under 5 turns. You already discovered yourself that Legacy plays faster than that.\n\nI'm going to give you a few tips, in no particular order, based on some things I noticed in your post and your deck.\n\nIt doesn't matter if you copy a decklist or brew your own. Either way you need to understand your format's meta to be competitive.\n\nInstant speed interraction is the best interraction.\n\nBuild your deck's lines of play intentionally. \n\nBe proficient in your deck's lines of play.\n\nNothing costs more than a missed opportunity. (Two of the most common opportunity costs in magic are cards that cost too much mana, and permanents that do nothing when you play them.)\n\nBuild a sideboard and know how to employ it.\n"}]}
Killaknut avatarKillaknut 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you for the advice and also for the try-outs!\n"}]}