General opinion on my deck

{"ops":[{"insert":"Deck based around making sacrifices with the orcs I create. I am open for suggestions for the deck. https://archidekt.com/decks/5448896/sauron_the_ring_bearer\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 7 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"The mana base is really slow. I would replace some of the lands that ETB tapped with basics. The bounce lands, temples and the off-color New Capenna lands are all worse than basics in my opinion. \nI only run bounce lands when I can abuse the bounce effect by looping lands I want to play multiple times for some other effect.\nScry 1 can be nice, but I find this is often outweighed by the opportunity cost of a tapped land.\nFor a 3-color deck, the old 2-color gain lands would be better than running off-color New Capenna tutor lands. For example, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dismal Backwater"}},{"insert":" gives you 1 life and you can tap it for blue or black. In contrast, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Obscura Storefront"}},{"insert":" gives you the same 1 life, but you have to choose a basic Island or Swamp that enters tapped. In other words, you actually get less effective color fixing for the same opportunity cost of a tapped land.\n\nIf you're really concerned about color fixing, there are a couple other good budget otions for Grixis. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Grixis Panorama"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Crypt of the Eternals"}},{"insert":" both make mana without entering tapped, and you can use them to fix your colors in a pinch. Technically you can run the whole Panorama cycle, but it's probably not worth it. \n"}]}