Looking for feedback on 'Adrix and Nev 'Deck

sambarty avatarsambarty 6 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi all, I have just tried to revamp my adrix deck a bit. I added a few lands and ramp cards as I didn't seem to be drawing enough before but something still isn't quite right. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. https://archidekt.com/decks/5646325/adrix_20\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 6 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Adding lands got you to 35? What was your land count before?\n\nI never get tired of telling people to play more lands. \nExcluding all other factors, 35 lands in your deck means your odds of drawing a land is only slightly better than 1 in 3. That's your base line. Ramp and card draw are good, but these effects usually cost mana. Therefore, your ability to ramp or draw is still dependent on the base line of lands in your deck. You get to play more Magic when you make more land drops. Say it with me...\n\nPLAY MORE LANDS!\n\nIn my opinion, the Adrix and Nev deck suffers from the same problem as most other Simic decks: they make loads of value, but struggle to close out the game. I would throw in a couple more overrun effects to push the combat damage over the top.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 6 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"As per usual Piandao's pretty much nailed the hammer on the head. \nI don't really have much to add as a result, but if I did, I'd have to say that the Basalt Monolith feels a bit out of place; people usually either run it as half an infinite mana combo, or as a quick mana injection for something like a cEDH deck. You may have the other half of the infinite in there, but you can only tutor the Monolith half from what I can tell, so depending on drawing a single card in order to make it work how you want would be pretty inconsistent, unless you're mulligan-ing until you get the Power Artifact in hand. Might I recommend replacing it with a Thran Dynamo? For 1 more mana, you're getting the same benefit, but it untaps itself instead, and additionally, it removes the need for Power Artifact, which means you're able to potentially put in more ramp, another finisher, more protection, or who knows what. \n\nYou might also consider replacing Persued Whale with Giant Ankheg, or simply adding Giant Ankheg as something of a finisher. Universal Ward 2 and Trample is pretty solid, especially on an 8/8, when you have a bunch of other pretty meaty dudes. \nIf you're running Gaea's Cradle then a Crop Rotation would make the list a LOT more powerful. A little more ramp in general wouldn't hurt in my opinion, but what to cut is always the hard part of that.\n \n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Also not sure if you know but Myojin of Cryptic Dreams only copies "},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"italic":true},"insert":"spells"},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":" which means they have to be on the stack when you activate its ability. I didn't know that at first so just making sure you're playing it right, unlike me."},{"insert":"\n\nEverything else seems pretty solid though! I'm a little confused about the very... polar power of the list; Armillary Sphere, very average card. Gaea's Cradle, ~$1000 card, but running what you have and like is what matters, so you do you. Hope this helps\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":{"card-link":"Crop Rotation"}},{"insert":" is a great recommendation. \nIn addition to functioning as an extra Gaea's Cradle, Crop Rotation can also do extra work as instant speed interraction or utility. Flash in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Rogue's Passage"}},{"insert":" to blindside someone with lethal damage. Flash in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Scavenger Grounds"}},{"insert":" to stop Graveyard shennanigans. Flash in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ghost Quarter"}},{"insert":" to deal with someone else's problematic land. Flash in a fetch land to get three landfall triggers in one turn.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for the help Dan. I've altered the deck with some of your suggestions. I'm mainly looking to just play fun cards suited for the commander. It's only casual so we are allowed a few proxies which is why I included Gaea's cradle. I also originally had basalt monolith in for a combo but I forgot to take it out.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I took another look at your deck to follow up. The present state of the deck led me to look at the change history, and now I have questions.\n\nWhat do you want this deck to do?\nHow do you want this deck to win?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey Paindao thanks for your help I've taken lots into consideration. I think the balance is a lot better now with the land. This deck is for a more casual setting with a few proxies allowed. It aims to win by created lots of tokens and copy creatures which is why I haven't got much removal. More looking to be for fun cards that I enjoy to play\n"}]}