Xyris Wheels Help?

William57 avatarWilliam57 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I am a fairly casual player, and as a result I tend to include lots of questionable choices when building a new deck. So, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take a quick look at my list and tell me what feels out of place. This is how I prioritize what I remove when fitting cards from my maybeboard (In this case, I'd really love to fit more haste enablers and cards that make my massive board into usable mana). In the case that nothing is out of place, it just means I did a good job this time around. \n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/613264#Snake_Wheels"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/613264#Snake_Wheels"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 6/20/2020, 5:02:44 PM
Derbyshire avatarDerbyshire 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I am not claiming to be a perfect deck builder, but here are my thoughts. \n\nI would remove 3-5 ramp cards, probably 5 since you have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Earthcraft"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cryptolith Rite"}},{"insert":" in the token payoff. Add in "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Champion of Lambholt"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fervor"}},{"insert":", And "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hammer of Purphoros"}},{"insert":". The other possible include from the maybe board would be "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cavalcade of Calamity"}},{"insert":". I would also add a couple extra combat spells, like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Seize the Day"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Savage Beating"}},{"insert":", or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Aggravated Assault"}},{"insert":". If you go for Aggravated Assault I would think about "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Druids' Repository"}},{"insert":" if you wanted an infinite combo. I personally don't like them, but I understand their value, and don't hold anything against people who use them. I would also trade "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Return of the Wildspeaker"}},{"insert":" for a more generic "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Overrun"}},{"insert":" effect, like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Overwhelming Stampede"}},{"insert":", since you likely won't be drawing too many cards off the other mode, and the added trample would do more for you.\n\nHopefully that helps narrow things down a little bit.\n\nP.S. I almost forgot to add what ramp I would remove: "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cultivate"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kodama's Reach"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Simic Signet"}},{"insert":", maybe "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Harvest Season"}},{"insert":". None of those are bad cards at all. you do seem to have plenty of green mana production for the signet, and the others are all at three mana. I would like to throw out the idea of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Primal Growth"}},{"insert":" in the place of one of them since this is a token deck.\nAnyway, that is a fun looking deck. I hope it plays well for you!\n"}]}
William57 avatarWilliam57 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you so much for the tips! I agree that I may be able to drop a few ramp cards with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Earthcraft"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cryptolith Rite"}},{"insert":" in there, but I'll have to give it some testing first as this is my first time running either and I haven't even gotten them on the board yet. I've already had a few games where I just can't seem to find my colors and, while I did end up winning, its something I would like to avoid as much as possible. As for the extra combat cards, those are amazing and I wish I had thought of that before. But so far, this deck has already shown itself to be too high-powered for a good portion of my playgroup. I may have to hold off on those until I test against some of the more Spike-y players. I will definitely be adding "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Druids' Repository"}},{"insert":" though since I swing in a lot and that alone could win me the game on a big enough swing.\n\nOn the "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Overrun"}},{"insert":" effects, I've actually trimmed that card and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Overwhelming Stampede"}},{"insert":" in the past few hours. They don't seem to make so much of an impact with all the non-combat methods for me to deal damage, and if I draw them its usually well after I establish a way to kill. I also decided to leave only "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Triumph of the Hordes"}},{"insert":" (Because it was the cheapest of them) and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Return of the Wildspeaker"}},{"insert":" (Because it had the least restrictive cost of the 5-drops) as spell-based effects since I have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Beastmaster Ascension"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Eldrazi Monument"}},{"insert":" to also make my tokens lethal without timing concerns.\n\nIn all, I'm feeling like 1 ramp card, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Helm of the Host"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wheel of Fate"}},{"insert":" are what I should cut for now since those two give the opponent too much warning imho and aren't needed. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hammer of Purphoros"}},{"insert":" , "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Champion of Lambholt"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fervor"}},{"insert":" should let me kill by combat more regularly. And I'll keep "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Primal Growth"}},{"insert":" in mind too in case I decide to add a ramp card back. Its going in every token deck I make from now on in fact.\n\nI really appreciate the thoughts. This is shaping up to be my most playable deck so far, but still manages to be fun for me. Once its done, I might have to revamp all of my older ones since I've always underdone the ramp portion of my builds.\n\n\n"}]}
Edited 6/22/2020, 12:59:31 AM