gishath commander help

delto0 avatardelto0 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"hey ! I'm just a beginner and i'm trying to create my first commander.\nI'd like to have some advices on the list before getting the last few cards i'm missing.\nAlso I didn't put in any cards from lost caverns of ixalan and i don't know if any of them are good.\nThank you very much !\nThe list : https://archidekt.com/decks/5887561/gishath_edh\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would cut Zacama and Waking Sun's Avatar. Their ETB's don't trigger if you put them in the field with Gishath. I would run lands in those slots. Nothing will sink a Gishath deck faster than getting mana screwed. Savvy oppponents will be trying to kill you before you cast your commander, so the default game plan for Gishath is make your land drops and ramp as fast as possible. With that in mind, here's a couple more tips:\nReplace your 4+ mana value enchantments with more 2 and 3 mana value ramp.\nGet rid of lands that only enter tapped. You can't afford tempo hits in a dedicated aggro deck. Basic lands are better than tapped lands. You can go for premium dual lands, but you don't need to if the rest of your mana base is tuned right. \n\nThese are my top picks for new dinos:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bonehoard Dracosaur"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Curious Altisaur"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Earthshaker Dreadmaw"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ghalta, Stampede Tyrant"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hunting Velociraptor"}},{"insert":" \nIf you go for any of these, cut your non-dino creatures first. Every non-dino in your deck is a chance to miss on your Gishath triggers. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey thank you so much for your response. \nI made few adjustments on the list and I think I, now, have too much lands and ramp stuff. \nlet me hear what you think about it..\nalso on my non Dinos creatures do I prefer (like you said) replace them for better Dinos or do I keep them for their reducing cost of dino/land effect ? \nthanks again\nupdate : https://archidekt.com/decks/5887561/gishath_edh\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi delto0.\nAs per always, Piandao has some pretty on point recommendations, and great advice. It's hard to really say much more, but if I had any recommendation, it'd be to potentially try and make your deck legal to run Kaheera, the Orphanguard as a companion. I've had it played against me a number of times, and someone ramping out Kaheera, and a turn or two later a Gishath, is a pretty terrifying experience; hard to get through dinosaurs becoming even harder to get through? It works pretty well.\n\nIf I had anything else to say, it'd be that I disagree a bit with Piandao about the lands. It really depends about the type of pod you often play with. Are they competitive, or more casual? How often are people interacting? And what kind of ramp are you using? Things like Farseek finding a tapped mountain/plains is fine if you don't need the mana at the time, but make sure you have the basics in there for when you DO need the mana. Your mana base is pretty good as it is though, likely thanks to Piandao's above advice.\n(I'm also a big personal fan of Zacama, and he is incredibly strong, so I would say you can run it even if you're not casting him from hand. On the rare occasion you do though, he will shift the board dynamic instantly, because naturalize, lightning bolt and healing salve on a creature is pretty damn good) \n\nIf you're opening packs as you mentioned below, keep an eye out for Welcome To... // Jurassic Park (a saga). It's more of a \"win more\" card than anything else, but it's hard to get past the power of Gaea Cradle + Underworld Breach for Dino kindred. I'd recommend the green god as well, if I didn't mention the above companion rule accommodations. \nGood deck though, and I'm sure you're well advice-d out now, so uhh.. happy brewing!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you so much for your comment, I will make adjustments to add the companion and else you mentioned.\nthe deck is firstly for fun/casual plays, it’s my first ever commander deck ! \ni’ll later today post an update with all your recommendations so you can double check if you please.\nthank you for your time! \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"this is the update : https://archidekt.com/decks/5887561/gishath_edh \nalso i'm doubting about putting "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Huatli, Warrior Poet"}},{"insert":" in.\nthank you guys for your help, i keep some cards on the side to make adjustments when i'll be playing it.\n"}]}
Edited 11/18/2023, 2:39:08 PM