Lost Caverns of Ixalan Precons

Frabe007 avatarFrabe007 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm curious, what are everyone's thoughts on the new precons from the Lost Caverns of Ixalan set? Which ones have you been having the most fun with?\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've been seeing and hearing good things! The one I've encountered is upgraded Veloci-ramp-tors, and they're pretty dang strong. Being able to get a dinosaur for your dinosaur's is kinda good, weirdly enough. \nThe merfolk also looks very solid, but I have unfortunately not purchased any of the precons or played against anything other than Veloci-ramp-tor. Very good decks out the box though\n"}]}
Frabe007 avatarFrabe007 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yeah I totally agree even though weirdly enough as it is, it's undeniably strong and consistent for a pre con straight out of the box and once you get to putting in the upgrades, the potential only gets crazier lol. I got to experience a few games against it. My friend and I picked up the pre cons the night they released at our LGS and he decided to pick up the Dinos and I went with the Vampires. We played quite a few 3-pod and 4-pod games straight out of the box and also after we both upgraded them, and I think both played really amazing overall and became serious oppressive threats very quickly that dominated the entire battlefield. They weren't easy to deal with in the slightest, I would highly recommend both of them! I however haven't gotten to experience the Merfolks or Pirates neither playing with or against, but I've heard lots of things and seen a few games played with them on YouTube and such, they also certainly look very promising! I personally think this set is a big contender for one of the best to release with some of the strongest pre cons available for a decent price range. \n"}]}
Edited 12/4/2023, 3:12:08 PM
necustormod avatarnecustormod 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"i own both the merfolk and dinosaur pre cons and they pack a serious punch. ive enjoyed playing with a modified veloci-ramp-tor personally and its become one of my favorite decks i own.\n\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"That definitely seems to be the popular choice! I'm kinda tempted to build it, doing flicker things with Pantlanza, but putting all your dinos on the board in one go may be a little oppressive lol, especially given how strong it is already\n"}]}
Frabe007 avatarFrabe007 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've played quite a few games against my friend who picked up the Dinosaur pre con, it's quite a heavy hitter that's consistent with building its field and it can get out of control very fast lmao. Definitely an extremely strong well-built deck straight out of the box I would recommend , no doubt why it's one of your favorite decks in your collection. The Vampire Aristocrats pre con also packs a serious punch that can become an oppressive threat quickly, it's the one I picked up personally, another fantastic deck out of the box that's consistent and performs very well that I'd recommend. I've upgraded it since and it's only gotten even better and stronger. \n"}]}