Beginner needs help building Edgar Markov

Mfois8 avatarMfois8 5 months
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5877074/edgar_commander"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/5877074/edgar_commander"},{"insert":"\n\nHey guys,\nstill new to building EDH-Decks and have always been a huge vampire fan.\n\nI have all the Cards in the Deck and the Maybeboard.\nWhat should be cut and what should stay in your opinion?\n\nHas been a challenge so far...\n\nI appreciate any feedback !!!\nThank you\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Eminence makes Edgar Markov more powerful than most tribal commanders. You can fill the deck with draft chaff vampires and win on the free value. You don't need other win cons because you have one in the command zone. \n\nThese are the cuts I recommend to get down to 100:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wedding Announcement // Wedding Festivity"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Exsanguinate"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Damn"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Exquisite Blood"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sanguine Bond"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Diabolic Intent"}},{"insert":" \n\nThe deck looks perfectly functional. The cards I recommended to cut are all good, but you don't need them.\n\nAs far as your Mayboard goes, I would play the deck. You find a vampire that isn't performing the way you want, swap it for one in your Mayboard. I don't recommmend running the Sorins. They don't trigger Edgar, and generally Planeswalkers have to reach a pretty high bar to be good in commander.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you !!!!\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey Mfois8,\n\nA very important question about Edgar is - how strong do you want this deck to be, and how do you want it to win? Because you have plenty of options when it comes to someone like him. Eminence (except for on the cat) is an incredibly strong ability, afterall. \n\nWith that question in mind, it will heavily shape what you do and don't keep, in which regard, I do kind of agree with Piandao, that you probably won't need Exquisite Blood and Sanguine bond. More often then not, you'll end up kind of regretting them unless you're solely aiming to win, as you'll draw both halves, or have Sanguine bond out and draw Exquisite Blood, and no matter the board state, if no one counters those you win. The board state could very cool, but an infinite as uninterruptable as those two can be a bit of \"feels bad\" way to end the game. That is, of course, if you care lmao.\n\nI would personally also say the amount of stax pieces (i.e the ones in maybeboard) should also be balanced based on power level. Blind Obedience, and Annowan the Ruin Sage are auto includes. Gravepact is incredibly strong, and Smothering Tithe is essentially a Commander staple, so would easily have a place in the list too.\n\nIn a competitive list, I would cut:\nCreeping Bloodsucker\nExsanguinate\nDamn\nTocasia's Welcome\n\n\nBut, in case you were looking at flavour/fun over function, then currently the list, bar the aforementioned exquisite/sanguine combo is quite suitable! Not oppressively strong, but Edgar is inherently very powerful, so don't be too shocked if games are a little too easy at times. \n\nI would like to provide more insight but admittedly can't commit an hour to sitting down and analysing this second, so if I get a chance to revisit it I shall, but otherwise I hope this helps!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you so much !!! Feel free to reply anytime, your help is always appreciated !!\n"}]}