help with card interaction

wy18 avatarwy18 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"so I'm building a pir, and Toothy deck and I have simic ascendancy in it, and I am wondering if I were to draw say 10 cards would and toothy was out would each of those card draws activate his ability separately or all at once because the way that simic ascendancy works is that it doesn't matter how many counters are put on it, just if one was put on it. sorry if this is confusing. \n"}]}
Derbyshire avatarDerbyshire 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Toothy gets a separate trigger for each card you draw. For each card you draw, toothy tries to put one counter on itself, which Pir then makes two. When the two counters hit Toothy, Simic ascendancy triggers, and tries to put two counters on itself, which Pir then makes three. An example always makes things easier for me. You have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pir, Imaginative Rascal"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Toothy, Imaginary Friend"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Simic Ascendancy"}},{"insert":" on the board. You cast "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pull from Tomorrow"}},{"insert":" on the end step before your turn where X equals 7. (Magical Christmas land). You draw 7 cards, discard one. Toothy triggers seven times, one for each card you draw. ("},{"attributes":{"link":"https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=toothy%2C%20imaginary%20friend"},"insert":"Reference: second ruling)"},{"insert":" For each trigger you would put two counters on Toothy, thanks to Pir. When the counters hit Toothy, Simic Ascendancy sees them, and you would put three counters on it, once again thanks to Pir. After all the triggers resolve, you would have 14 counters on Toothy, and 21 counters on Simic Ascendancy. When the turn finishes passing to you, you win on your upkeep. YAY!\n\nHopefully that cleared things up. Have fun with those commanders!\n"}]}
wy18 avatarwy18 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"thank you so much. \n"}]}