Momir Vig Puzzle Quest

BekerChief avatarBekerChief 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi all!\n\nI was looking for some advice regarding a Momir Vig deck I was building. It mainly revolves around winning with Sage of Hours and infinite turns combo. The playsetting is casual. Bit more creature removal, not a lot of counter magic.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/698311#EDH_Momir_Vig,_Broken_Record"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/698311#EDH_Momir_Vig,_Broken_Record"},{"insert":"\n\nSome of the questions I have:\nHow to balance combo protection and combo enabler pieces?"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Are there more combo pieces that are not creatures. E.g. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Increasing Savagery"}},{"insert":" (+ "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sage of Hours"}},{"insert":" ) and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Freed from the Real"}},{"insert":" are non-creature cards that I might encounter in a game and can shape my gameplan around. I am not looking for a lightning-sharp optimized combo-win. I aim for it to be a puzzle every time."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Good budget board wipes / removal?"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nI have not spent more than 2-4 euro/dollar on any card in this deck (some have gone up in price over the years / precons), so I like to stick to that restriction as much as possible. I wont consider "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cyclonic Rift"}},{"insert":" for instance :D \n"}]}
Edited 8/2/2020, 8:09:52 PM
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"do you know the ratio of usd/euro? \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Let's say 2-4 dollar is fine budget wise ;) \n"}]}
Edited 8/2/2020, 8:10:09 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"do you have a defender subtheme?\nwhy don't you replace "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Deprive"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Counterspell"}},{"insert":"?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"The defenders subtheme (I would not call it that) is mainly to be able to go infinite with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Axebane Guardian"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Freed from the Real"}},{"insert":" . You can play "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wall of Blossoms"}},{"insert":" into Axebane, which is enough if enchanted with freed from the real to go infinite. I also like the synergies that wall of blossoms give (can stack triggers so it essentially becomes a tutor with Momir out). \n\nWill replace "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Deprive"}},{"insert":" with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Counterspell"}},{"insert":". Did not own a counterspell so I guess I took the next best thing :) \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Minds Aglow"}},{"insert":" , you don't want to draw other people cards (it would also be pretty bad if you pay mana (and a card) and everyone else gets free cards)\n"}]}