Before I buy The Deck....

jmh45255 avatarjmh45255 3 years
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/719742#Daghatar_the_Counters_Tribal"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/719742#Daghatar_the_Counters_Tribal"},{"insert":"\n\n\nJust look it over for me and let me know how I look card draw, mana, and everything over all. Ya don't have to deck doctor it (wouldn't expect ya to go that in depth for a stranger) but I do wanna make sure I can sit down and not be dead in the water.\n\nI need to make two cuts...I'm thinking Noosegraf and Read the Bones\n\n\nthank you for all looks\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Imo it looks a little light on ramp, and REALLY light on card draw. I think there are a few weaker creatures you could cut to make room for these things, as well as "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Durable Handicraft"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Lifecrafter's Gift"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pledge of Unity"}},{"insert":". Also "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Branching Evolution"}},{"insert":" is a cheaper (casting and price), and much better version of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Doubling Season"}},{"insert":" in this particular deck. Also definitely consider "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Reyhan, Last of the Abzan"}},{"insert":".\n\nEdit: I mention him a lot (cause I think he builds amazing decks) but check out this Reyhan/Ishai list made by Joey from EDHREC. I think there are definitely some solid cards you might want to consider from this list.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/4044#Reyshai"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/4044#Reyshai"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 8/21/2020, 1:10:25 AM
Derbyshire avatarDerbyshire 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"It is an interesting deck. I remember I had pulled a copy of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Daghatar the Adamant"}},{"insert":" when I first started playing, and I wanted to make a deck around him when I started playing commander, but I could not get it figured out, so I forgot about it. This deck is making me reconsider. My suggestions are going off the assumption that you are not worried about a strick budget, and are perfectly open to be shot down.\n\nAny way, I felt that is was a little light on ramp, and possibly a little light on card draw, but if you have enough activated abilities (which it looks like you do at first glance) you can get away with less card draw. Anyway, I would think about adding "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fertilid"}},{"insert":". He is kind of expensive to start ramping with, but if you can put more counters on him you can put a lot of lands onto the field, and you are already running "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ob Nixilis, Unshackled"}},{"insert":", and Fertilid can force your opponents to search. I would also think about "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Incubation Druid"}},{"insert":" as a really good mana dork. \n\nAs far as what I would remove, I would think about taking out "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Smothering Abomination"}},{"insert":", as I am not sure you have the synergies to make it worth it. I would replace it with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Costly Plunder"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Phyrexian Arena"}},{"insert":", or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Grim Haruspex"}},{"insert":" depending on your preference. I am not a huge fan of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Durable Handicraft"}},{"insert":", and would cut that for a ramp card. I would also cut "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Noosegraf Mob"}},{"insert":", as it is very mana intensive to play, and not really a win condition in your deck. I would also look at cutting "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Longshot Squad"}},{"insert":", although that is a personal favorite card of mine I don't find it nearly as effective as I would like. The other cut I would make would be Orzhov advokist, as I have not had great experiences with it personally, but I have also seen it be super effective, so your millage may vary.\n\nAnyway, I hope that helps. I do like +1/+1 counters decks, and it was fun to see this commander being used in a fun way.\n"}]}