Xenagod help

{"ops":[{"insert":"I want to rebuild my xenagod deck, but I'm having trouble cutting the last 8 cards. I want the deck to be a power level 7-8. My meta when we are not playing competitive is higher in spot removal and board clears. I want the deck to be able to consistantly double a creatures power more than once to one shot people.\n\nIf you feel I've missed any cards feel free to suggest them.\n\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/718684\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"If you're looking for cuts, I think you can do without "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Elder Gargaroth"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Craterhoof Behemoth"}},{"insert":" (this card is amazing but meant more for a go-wide strat and this is a go-tall strat), "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Avenger of Zendikar"}},{"insert":" (same thing), "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Growing Rites of Itlimoc // Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun"}},{"insert":" (same thing), "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Chord of Calling"}},{"insert":" (same thing)...\n\nI also don't think you need as much ramp as you have here. Ramp is a necessity for sure, but you have a LOT of ramp. Just my opinion. Hope this helps!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yeah i think I might have gone a little crazy on the ramp lol\n"}]}
chwatts avatarchwatts 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think "},{"attributes":{"background":"#ffff66"},"insert":"Shaman of Forgotten Ways"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"background":"#ffff66"},"insert":"Final Devastation"},{"insert":" are for more of a go-wide theme. If you wanted to run a similar effect, I love "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Genesis Wave"},{"insert":". "},{"attributes":{"background":"#ffff66"},"insert":"Ezuri's Predation"},{"insert":" doesn't speak to me. I would definitely run "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Chandra's Ignition"},{"insert":" in that slot. I think "},{"attributes":{"background":"#ffff66"},"insert":"Priest of Titania"},{"insert":" is a good card... just not in this deck. From my count, you are running four elf cards. The chances of her tapping for more than one during the game are very slim. I would run like a "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Leafkin Druid"},{"insert":" or an "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Elvish Piper"},{"insert":" there. I love playing with"},{"attributes":{"background":"#ffff66"},"insert":" Etali, Primal Storm."},{"insert":" He doesn't really fit the deck's theme, I took him out of my Xenagos deck, but if you enjoy it you should keep him.\n\tNow, to make your job a little harder, here are some of my favorites from my deck.\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Ghalta, Primal Hunger"},{"insert":": gets very cheap\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Mage Slayer"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Helm of the host"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Strionic Resonator"},{"insert":": Doubling up Xenagos' ability\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Nylea, God of the Hunt"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Archetype of Aggression"},{"insert":": I think trample is a big deal cause nothing feels worse than being chump blocked\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Phyrexian Hydra"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Primordial Hydra"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Balefire Dragon"},{"insert":": Some of my favorite bodies for Xenagos\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Lukka, Coppercoat Ouatcast"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Garruk, Caller of Beast"},{"insert":": I noticed you had no planeswalkers and I couldn't stand it \n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Mosswort Bridge"},{"insert":"\n-"},{"attributes":{"background":"#66b966"},"insert":"Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma"},{"insert":"\nThat's my two cents. Its worth what it cost you.\n"}]}
Edited 9/3/2020, 6:57:17 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Definitely appreciate your advice and I did cut a few cards to incorporate some of tge ones you suggested. I'll have to test the deck out to see what sticks and what get switched around a bit.\n"}]}