Add a color commander

{"ops":[{"attributes":{"link":"https://www.archidekt.com/decks/6951234/add_red_darien"},"insert":"https://www.archidekt.com/decks/6951234/add_red_darien"},{"insert":"\n\n\nMy friends and I have challenged each of us to make a commander deck that follows all of the rules except color Identity. We are only allowed to add one color so I chose Darien. I added Red for the burn damage to be dealt to myself.\n\nThis deck is supposed to be broken. So my whole goal is to pull some of my gain life creatures to counter all damage I take because I will be making that many creatures which will then gain me that much life. Essentially making my life never going down unless swung for lethal. This is why I will have burn to produce my tokens myself and have cards that behave like *Everybody lives!*.\n\nSo far other than just being a broken record of tokens, my win conditions are *Mana Clash* (I have a keen ability to hit tails on a quarter every time I flip), and *blasting station* making infinite death and ETB triggers.\n\nThis is what I got so far, I was hoping to get some help on more win conditions and/or how to manipulate *blasting station* in some of the most creative ways. Other ideas will be extremely welcomed and I have a lot more to this deck building journey to go.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 55 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi!\n\nSeems like a kind of fun idea; a commander with their colour ID +1 extra colour. I also quite like the commander and colour you've chosen for it. Red has a lot of fun, symmetrical damage effects, and if you're shooting out 1/1s as a result of that, you could have a real mean gameplan here.\n\nI think a good way to capitalise on this would be things like Descent into Avernus, Roiling Vortex, Mana Barbs, and so on. The reason why I think a semi-stacks type of game plan is quite strong is because not only does it protect your game plan, but it progresses it with your flood of 1/1s plan.\nYou can also combine these with one-sided damage adders and multipliers, to give you more of an edge - you'll be taking less damage than your opponents, but still making a heap of 1/1s. Things such as "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Sulphim, Mayhem Dominus"},{"insert":", or "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"City on Fire"},{"insert":", or maybe even things like damage adders, such as "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Mechanized Warfare"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Ojer Axonil, Deepest Might"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Torbran, Thane of Red Fell"},{"insert":" and so on. \n\nOn top of the aforementioned stacks and damage increasers, being in Boros (Red White) you have some really cool options for recovery and protecting yourself, with things like "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Radiant Scrollwielder"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Firesong and Sunspeaker"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Heartflame Duelist"},{"insert":", and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Soulfire Grand Master"},{"insert":". Pairing those with cards like "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Flame Rift"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Chandra's Outrage"},{"insert":" will mean you not only offset the damage you take, but actually out heal it. This also interacts very nicely with "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Blasphemous Act"},{"insert":"; gaining 13 x (number of creatures) life is pretty damn strong for some reason. Some permanent damage reducers that I am personally quite partial to are "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Urza's Armor"},{"insert":", and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Ajani Steadfast"},{"insert":". Ajani's emblem is of particular note, because you're still always taking at least 1 damage; you're always making a 1/1.\n\n As an additional win con other than the previously mentioned, you may find "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Impact Tremors"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Shared Animosity"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Purphoros, God of the Forge"},{"insert":", or "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Warleader's Call"},{"insert":" useful. These all allow the damage from things like your stacks pieces to generate even MORE damage for your opponents. Additionally, with a "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Rampaging Ferocidon"},{"insert":" on field, you now have an infinite creature generator, which, when you have a way to survive, such as "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Daxos, Blessed by the Sun"},{"insert":", or "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Soul's Attendant"},{"insert":", will win you the game on the spot. If your life gain creatures aren't available or keep getting removed, then equipment that give lifelink also work with it, because Rampaging Ferocidon is the source of the damage.\nThis combo also works with "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Blasting Station"},{"insert":", however, you are admittedly likely to die faster than your opponents in this situation. \nI feel like Stuffy Doll also has some potential for a bit of goofiness, but specifically how you want to achieve that is your prerogative. One idea I was thinking of though was the to do with the previously mentioned lifelink; name yourself, equip "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Stuffy Doll"},{"insert":" with "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Basilisk Collar"},{"insert":", then block everything; as long as what you're blocking doesn't have trample, you're gaining life and making 1/1s equal to the life loss, but not actually losing any life. \n\nI don't know if I've quite answered the question perfectly, but I hope these suggestions have helped a bit!\nIt's a cool idea, so I hope you find something that works! Don't forget to add lands and ramp before adding the rest of the cards; it can help make the refining process easier, knowing exactly how many lands and ramp pieces you're going to need before completing the rest of the list. \n\nHappy brewing!\n"}]}