Purchase price as price source in deck building

DoubleM avatarDoubleM 52 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"After the recent update on the collection I quite like the purchase price addition.\nNow I wished it was also in the deckbuilder as a price source.\nAs well as an option as to what currency the purchase price is (General Account Setting).\nIt then would also be great if the Est Deck Cost on hover would show both selected price sources.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"While this is a neat idea, there are a few technical limitations that put this pretty firmly in the \"won't do\" category for me. \n\nAssuming I'm understanding you correctly, your want the purchase price you've defined in your collection to be visible in decks, yes?\n\nWhat this would mean is that for every card we need to access that specific collection record to check whether or not a purchase price exists, and be sure the filling matches, etc. \n\nNone of this is impossible mind you, but what it would do is slow down loading any card on the site in search, or in any deck. Basically having to check your collection every time we load a card would slow everything down. \n\nBeyond that, there are a few \"gotchas\" that while aren't impressive to solve, don't have any obvious solutions. The largest of which is what happens if your have multiple cards in your collection that match, yet have different prices prices? While not important to solve that issue, my concern is there's no way to do it that is immediately and obviously clear, which could result in user confusion. \n\nAll in all, I think this is a neat idea, and in a perfect world I think it's also a good idea. But given the implementation details and how little it'd get used relatively, I think the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze on this one. \n"}]}