Improving name search

Crumble_Z avatarCrumble_Z 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This is a suggestion that concerns searching cards by name (mostly) but can be applied in general.\n\nMost of the time, people might not know the correct orthograph of a card, either because they are non-native of the english language (as myself), or because they aren't used of playing with english cards, and might barely remember the english name.\n\nMy suggestion goes as follow : \n\nIgnore exact search matches for non alphebetical standard character [^-a-zA-Z]. (example : searching \"Krarks Thumb\" will match \"Krark's Thumb\", searching \"Gore House Chainwalker\" will match \"Gore-House Chainwalker\")\nIgnore word order : (example : searching \"Thumb Krark's\" will match \"Krark's Thumb\" and \"Krark's other Thumb\")\nIgnore word completion if a word has at least 4 characters. (example : searching \"Bound Realms\" will match \"Boundless Realms\")\nSearch for cards abbreviation if a single 3+ characters word is searched for . (example : searching for \"ghc\" will match \"Gore-House Chainwalker\"\n\nThank you for your consideration.\n\nThe rest of the application is pretty solid otherwise for what I've seen so far. Keep up the good work.\n"}]}
xylophone avatarxylophone 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Would it maybe be possible to integrate Scryfall into the deck builder? So I could, while building a deck, say, search for white cards legal in Pauper that buff my whole team or something?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be something.\n"}]}
naim avatarnaim 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Getting the full Scryfall syntax for card searching would be fantastic.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"You should be able to do that using the current search methods using advanced search. In the Oracle text field, you put the keyword or \"all creatures get +1/+1\" or something similar to your needs.\n"}]}