Issue with new UI - Request for more spacing or a margin divider line

Sylph avatarSylph 26 days
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi there, first of I just want to say I appreciate all of the effort that has gone into the site since I first began using it years ago and appreciate all of the changes that have occurred over that time. While the newest UI change has been nice to add more space in the deckbuilding area, I think that it has been taken a tad too far in the interest of adding more room. The thing I love the most about Archidekt is that unlike other deckbuilders I have the ability to separate cards into several piles, including ones I'm thinking about adding/cutting etc... into various side/maybeboard piles. This is an amazing feature for deckbuilders. Prior to the last UI change there was a noticeable margin between every card in the main board and everything else in the side and maybeboards to where you could visually tell instantly what was in the main and what was in the side but after the last update it completely cut out all of that margin room. As the creator I don't necessarily mind this because I know what cards are in my 99 but I can definitely see this being very visually confusing for anyone else viewing a brand new deck they aren't familiar with, including my own and especially those that are using Archidekt for the first time I can see this being visually cluttering. If you guys could someone add back either some margin space or even some sort of hard visual solid colored line (something basic like white line for dark mode and black line for light mode should suffice) that divides the main and the side/maybe piles so that way upon first glance an outsider will be able to differentiate instantly what cards are in and what are out. Again, appreciate the work so thanks for everything.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Totally fair criticism. \n\nWe knew about this issue going in and couldn't come up with any good ways to address it. \n\nGiven the way the new layout resizes dynamically, adding a gap causes .... Issues. Mostly because the way the layout works (by resizing all the cards on the screen), adding more gap makes the cards smaller, which can cause it to get into an awkward state. \n\nWe played around with changing the header too, but nothing quite looked right. I'll fiddle and see if there are any ideas we can come up with. \n\nEdit: Scratch that, apparently I fixed the weirdness at somepoint with there being more gap for the last column when applicable. I'll push that now.\n"}]}
Edited 4/9/2024, 1:38:33 PM