Help me improve my decks....

IamDeadpool avatarIamDeadpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/797466#Revised_Rakdos,_Lord_of_Riots\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"On first glance I notice a handful of cards you can definitely cut. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Footlight Fiend"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Guardian of the Ages"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Volcanic Geyser"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dagger Caster"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bosh, Iron Golem"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pilgrim of the Fires"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pentavus"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Shock"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Chandra, Bold Pyromancer"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Infiltration Lens"}},{"insert":". There are a few things in your sideboard that would be solid replacements. \n"}]}
IamDeadpool avatarIamDeadpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Which replacements specifically card for card??\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Well it depends, what does your budget look like? The "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arcane Signet"}},{"insert":" should go in place of any of those. I would swap Chandra with the one in your sideboard, that one is far more efficient if you have one. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Shadowblood Ridge"}},{"insert":" is far better than any of the tapped dual lands. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"It That Betrays"}},{"insert":" is a good upgrade to Bosh. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Blightsteel Colossus"}},{"insert":" should go in place of any of those. If you can afford one, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Torment of Hailfire"}},{"insert":" is AMAZING and even better in this deck! "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fiery Confluence"}},{"insert":" is quite solid in this deck. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Loyal Subordinate"}},{"insert":" seems quite solid here. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Pulse Tracker"}},{"insert":" is a solid upgrade to that "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Footlight Fiend"}},{"insert":". Just a few suggestions off the top of my head, hope this helps!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Oh and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cut // Ribbons"}},{"insert":" is a solid upgrade for the Geyser (even if it's a sorcery). I also really like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Palace Siege"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sarkhan's Unsealing"}},{"insert":" here. \n"}]}
HamDadd avatarHamDadd 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"The deck looks sweet, it looks like you have a clear plan about what you want to do and how you are going to do it. What I would say is to remove and replace certain cards that dont fill the rolls perfectly. An example of this would be in your payoff category, cards like Pentavus, Pilgrim of the Fires, Rage Thrower, and Guardian of the Ages. All of these cards look like they want to be your massive free spell but none of them really do anything significant when they are played, whats so cool about Rakdos, Lord of Riots is that he can drop multiple game ending spells, on a turn where the deck goes off, big beaters arent the best synergy for that (although Stonecoil Serpent and Endless One are perfect as mana dumps). Id recommend replacing these four cards with Vilis, Broker of Blood, Ancient Stone Idol, Desolation Twin, and Metalwork Colossus, these cards are available earlier sometimes, do bigger things, and are relatively budget. Secondly it seems like you need more efficient ways to get to the big spells. You only have Four pieces of ramp, and one of them is sol ring which doesn't get you closer to rakdos, what Id recommend, depending on budget, is dump every 2 mana red or black rock or accelerant into the deck to get yourself to that sweet turn three rakdos almost every game (If I had to give a number I'd say around 9-10) You also don't want to get stuck with a hand full of huge spells and no way to ping your opponents, I'd recommend cutting the inefficient damage dealers, which is up to you but try to think about how much mana you're getting from each activation. Shivan Gorge seems bad, idk its $2.50 for a colorless land that doesn't net you mana, I'd definitely cut that. Look for ways you can do 3+ damage to your opponents for little to no mana investment every single turn, rather than cards like Guttersnipe that trigger off only 12 cards, or cards like Dagger Caster that only trigger once, these cards have high set up cost that you have to pay for, not worth it. If you have 6-10 bucks, Chandra's Ignition is gonna be the best spell in this deck, killing none of your big bois and all of your opponents stuff, dealing upwards of 18 damage, an awesome cost reducer for only five mana. Lightning Strike, Volcanic Geyser, Lightning Bolt, Footlight Fiend, and Rakdos's Return all do the exact opposite of what your deck wants, which is dump all of your mana into minimal affects, and netting barely any mana. I'd recommend checking out edhrec for more efficient swaps that will net you more mana with Rakdos but for my personal opinion on swaps for all of them I'd say go with cards like, Palace Siege, Sarkhan's Unsealing, Plague Spitter, Dire Fleet Ravager, and Loyal Subordinate. These cards give you mana every turn and can be used on the same turn Rakdos comes down, even if you are out of mana. In the end the changes are up to you, but the best advice I can give is to say play to the now, think about how each spell is going to get you to a place to win, not what it could do if you are winning. Good luck man :) \n"}]}