Garruk's Uprising and Ogre Battledriver

BingoBoss avatarBingoBoss 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"If I have a "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":" and an "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ogre Battledriver"}},{"insert":" on the battlefield then would I draw a card from playing a "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Scavenging Ooze"}},{"insert":" since then Ogre Battle driver will bring (+2/+0) the Ooze's power up to 4?\n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"no, because the "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ogre Battledriver"}},{"insert":" says  \"when it enters the battlefield....\" and not \"the creature enters the battlefield with +2/+0\".  so when it enters the battlefield, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":" sees the "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Scavenging Ooze"}},{"insert":" as a 2/2 so you won't draw the card (and then "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ogre Battledriver"}},{"insert":"  triggers so it will  get +2/+0.\n\n\nquote from the rules on gatherer:"},{"attributes":{"background":"#3a3939","color":"#c5c5c5"},"insert":"If a creature is entering the battlefield under your control, consider static abilities to determine whether its power is 4 or greater. Spells, activated abilities, and triggered abilities can’t be used to raise the creature’s power in time to have Garruk’s Uprising’s last ability trigger or to lower it in time to stop it from triggering."},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Sassafrass avatarSassafrass 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I know this was ages ago, but if you have a \"lord\" on the field (e.g. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Elvish Archdruid"}},{"insert":") would it work? Such that playing an elf with 3 power, (which would be boosted to 4 with "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Elvish Archdruid"}},{"insert":") would get you the draw off "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":"?\n"}]}
2trashie avatar2trashie 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"You could cast something like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Giant Growth"}},{"insert":" in response to the "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":" trigger to get the draw card\n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Are you sure about that, I thought "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":" only triggers if the creature has 4 power?\n"}]}
Chaos13 avatarChaos13 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"That wouldnt work whirlpool is correct because the creature has to resolve to have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Giant Growth"}},{"insert":" cast on it. And since it resolves "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk's Uprising"}},{"insert":" never triggers in the fist place so there's nothing to respond to.\n"}]}
Edited 12/31/2020, 6:39:57 AM